P1000m5 New 2022 heater kit issues

K

KSN1495

Aug 25, 2022
Campbell
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The blower motor in my brand new 1000-5 stopped working, dealer contacts Honda tech, they ultimately replace it. Not even 15 miles later the new unit quits working…anyone else having this issue or know what’s going on? In 2022 they changed the factory heater kits, so I’m told.

P

pappyo

Dec 19, 2013
1st. Welcome from Central Upstate N.Y.
Many good people & information on the Honda forum AND they LIKE PICTURES
This crowd will be Happy to Help if they can.

Could be a Bad Batch of Defictive motors from MANUFACTURER??
Hope Honda Fesses - Up & </> 3rd. Time is a charm for you

Over the years Been in that situation ( with other parts ) many times.
Just because ""NEW"" Doesn't mean it will work or is Safe to Use.
Just read ALL the RECALLS on products.
Companies NEED to be HELD ACCOUNTABLE.

Many Good Times in the Future

Enjoy the TOY

Last edited:
Buggyman

Buggyman

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 3, 2020
ne. ohio
Ownership

1. 700-2
The blower motor in my brand new 1000-5 stopped working, dealer contacts Honda tech, they ultimately replace it. Not even 15 miles later the new unit quits working…anyone else having this issue or know what’s going on? In 2022 they changed the factory heater kits, so I’m told.
Welcome from Ohio

K

KSN1495

Aug 25, 2022
Campbell
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So I start the machine up this morning and it seems to be working fine. It only quits working after you drive for miles, is the blower motor over heating? Is the outside air temp (32 degrees) affecting something? This is also the bracket job the dealer did because Honda doesn’t have a proper bracket from their own products to mate up with the defroster vent! Why is Honda so far behind on this stuff

2F5A94CE 6B53 4CB0 9767 CA840FC1CCCA

Reactions: Buggyman
K

KSN1495

Aug 25, 2022
Campbell
Ownership

1. 1000-5
We've only installed 2 of these new heaters, 1 in a Pioneer and 1 in a Talon.

So far we haven't heard of any issues with either.
I’m thinking the dealer messed something up. They were really behind figuring the newer heater unit out and I was told someone quit over the frustration…both units quit working after the machine has been running for a bit, like some resistor is overheating or something. Later today I’m going for a ride to try to mimic what happened yesterday.

R

Red21

Aug 9, 2021
sioux falls, sd
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If Honda put together a cab system like can am, you’d have the ultimate machine.
I totally agree. The fully enclosed cabs from Can Am and Polaris (with HVAC) are among their top sellers. Why Honda doesn't make one to compete for this market that has high demand is bewildering to me.

H

HondaTech

I’m thinking the dealer messed something up. They were really behind figuring the newer heater unit out and I was told someone quit over the frustration…both units quit working after the machine has been running for a bit, like some resistor is overheating or something. Later today I’m going for a ride to try to mimic what happened yesterday.

We all sort of dove in head first on the Pioneer install, it was somewhat complicated but not terrible.

I'd be interested to see what the issue is as well, maybe there's a bad batch of blowers.

HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Is the blower shutting down due to an issue with the blower motor itself of because power source was interru0ted? Have you checked for 12 volt power to the blower motor?

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I totally agree. The fully enclosed cabs from Can Am and Polaris (with HVAC) are among their top sellers. Why Honda doesn't make one to compete for this market that has high demand is bewildering to me.
It's not cold and never rains in Japan.

• Haha
NorthernJoe

NorthernJoe

Feb 10, 2021
Northern Ontario
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have the "new" heater in my '22 Trail it works way better than the one I had in my '21 700-4 I do not have the fancy mounting bracket that your dealer installed. My heater has been running since early November without issue

L

Lapcinski

Oct 27, 2020
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Do not currently own
So I start the machine up this morning and it seems to be working fine. It only quits working after you drive for miles, is the blower motor over heating? Is the outside air temp (32 degrees) affecting something? This is also the bracket job the dealer did because Honda doesn’t have a proper bracket from their own products to mate up with the defroster vent! Why is Honda so far behind on this stuff

View attachment 369620
Hey, does that vent come with the heater?

K

KSN1495

Aug 25, 2022
Campbell
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Cool. They put out much flow? I assume this is a Honda heater? I have an inferno and had to customize some vents.
It’s a Honda kit, it’s okay but not great. I have the fabric surround but if it’s windy, outside air can overtake it. My blower motor also shuts off periodically then comes back on. It’s quite annoying and I want Honda to fix this issue, currently they cannot figure out what’s going on.

H

HondaTech

It’s a Honda kit, it’s okay but not great. I have the fabric surround but if it’s windy, outside air can overtake it. My blower motor also shuts off periodically then comes back on. It’s quite annoying and I want Honda to fix this issue, currently they cannot figure out what’s going on.

I wonder if they didn't line the blower motor up with the ducting all the way.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!