BOX1

P1000m5 New 2022 heater kit issues

K

KSN1495

Aug 25, 2022
Campbell
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I wonder if they didn't line the blower motor up with the ducting all the way.
Is a dual battery required for the heater kit? I don’t have that and now my heater runs for a max of 20 mins before completely shutting off

Reactions: Smitty335
K

KSN1495

Aug 25, 2022
Campbell
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It’s going back to the dealer this Thursday and better be resolved or I’m filing a complaint. This is complete bulls*** as I have no heat in the winter. I’m guessing the people working at my local dealer are incompetent

• Wow
H

HondaTech

Is a dual battery required for the heater kit? I don’t have that and now my heater runs for a max of 20 mins before completely shutting off

Honda hasn't specified a dual battery since the Big Red winch kit.

Reactions: Hawk53
H

HondaTech

So I start the machine up this morning and it seems to be working fine. It only quits working after you drive for miles, is the blower motor over heating? Is the outside air temp (32 degrees) affecting something? This is also the bracket job the dealer did because Honda doesn’t have a proper bracket from their own products to mate up with the defroster vent! Why is Honda so far behind on this stuff

View attachment 369620

Also that bracket is bulls***.
Your given a bolt to attach the bracket shown to the windshield. They mounted the vent and didnt line it up with the bracket/windshield first. Your dealer is a bunch of hacks.

Ohio4x4

Ohio4x4

I brought the dishwasher
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Also that bracket is bulls***.
Your given a bolt to attach the bracket shown to the windshield. They mounted the vent and didnt line it up with the bracket/windshield first. Your dealer is a bunch of hacks.
I'm guessing this guy's onto something. I don't have a heater and run the Honda soft doors. I've spent some time sealing up the large air leaks and with the fan motor inspection door off I plow snow in a hoody. As for the intermittent issue we had Ford vans at work between 08 and 2012. They would have the resistor get hot damage the switch and motor windings. Until it was all replaced at the same time along with the damaged mulex plugs the problem would continue. We never found a route cause but something in the oe set up took out the rest of the circuit. This was an issue on 20ish vans. One of mine actually had the blower speed switch glowing and melting.

Last edited:
  • Wow
NorthernJoe

NorthernJoe

Feb 10, 2021
Northern Ontario
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Like I said earlier, My heater works great! the cab stays warm, not hot. The defroster keeps the windshield clear. I do not have a dual battery. The heater will run for hours without issue. This heater is a great improvement over the Honda heater that I had in my 700-4

Reactions: KSN1495
Hawk53

Hawk53

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2014
Alberta Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-3
It’s a Honda kit, it’s okay but not great. I have the fabric surround but if it’s windy, outside air can overtake it. My blower motor also shuts off periodically then comes back on. It’s quite annoying and I want Honda to fix this issue, currently they cannot figure out what’s going on.
Did your intermittent heater blower issue get resolved and if so what was it?

Hawk53

Hawk53

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2014
Alberta Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I'm guessing this guy's onto something. I don't have a heater and run the Honda soft doors. I've spent some time sealing up the large air leaks and with the fan motor inspection door off I plow snow in a hoody. As for the intermittent issue we had Ford vans at work between 08 and 2012. They would have the resistor get hot damage the switch and motor windings. Until it was all replaced at the same time along with the damaged mulex plugs the problem would continue. We never found a route cause but something in the oe set up took out the rest of the circuit. This was an issue on 20ish vans. One of mine actually had the blower speed switch glowing and melting.
Well, that's Ford for ya.;)

T

Techman1961

Jan 17, 2024
Halifax
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’m thinking the dealer messed something up. They were really behind figuring the newer heater unit out and I was told someone quit over the frustration…both units quit working after the machine has been running for a bit, like some resistor is overheating or something. Later today I’m going for a ride to try to mimic what happened yesterday.
Anyone know where I can buy parts for oem under hood cab heater . Resistor box on front of heater. 6 wire

T

Techman1961

Jan 17, 2024
Halifax
Ownership

1. 1000-5
We've only installed 2 of these new heaters, 1 in a Pioneer and 1 in a Talon.

So far we haven't heard of any issues with either.
Mine was faulty from new. Still not working.
From factory there was a 2 wire 12 volt connector that goes to the resistor 6 wire block on front of unit . It was wires backwards. Plugged it I. And resistor burnt . Honda said no parts available and it was manufactured by international climate systems in texts . Called and emailed. No one ever replied . 2 k waisted

• Wow
Reactions: JenElio
JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Mine was faulty from new. Still not working.
From factory there was a 2 wire 12 volt connector that goes to the resistor 6 wire block on front of unit . It was wires backwards. Plugged it I. And resistor burnt . Honda said no parts available and it was manufactured by international climate systems in texts . Called and emailed. No one ever replied . 2 k waisted
I'm of no help on this subject but hopefully someone will chime in sooner then later, good luck 🤞🏼

Also, the fella you quoted is no longer a member so I wouldn't expect a response any time soon.

Welcome to the club from South Florida 👍🏼
Start an intro thread and post some pics of your rig.

Reactions: Remington
Remington

Remington

Sheriff Chief POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
@Techman1961
What @JenElio AKA Jennay just said to the max! Ill just add POIDH!

Where you from, Halifax,
In nova Scotia?

Remington

Remington

Sheriff Chief POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Anyone know where I can buy parts for oem under hood cab heater . Resistor box on front of heater. 6 wire
Try your dealer but good luck at getting Honda parts without having to buy the whole kit. Aint gonna happen!
Start thar Intro thread and provide pics!
Fourm penal code 6969

DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
Try your dealer but good luck at getting Honda parts without having to buy the whole kit. Aint gonna happen!
Start thar Intro thread and provide pics!
Fourm penal code 6969
Help me out here - the resistor is just the speed control is my guess - should be able to wire to 12v and fun full speed or search duralast blower motor resistor - u have a pic of this thing ?

HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
To put this issue in perspective - the heaters and other accessories are not "oem" Honda. Products like this are manufactured by small companies and sold to Honda.

I think Honda provides a warranty for accessories through dealers. I would expect the selling Honda dealer to replace the unit under warranty but if it was not installed by the dealer it may get tricky.

Honda might deny the warranty if it is believed the heater was damaged by the purchaser or installer.

T

Techman1961

Jan 17, 2024
Halifax
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Here are pics. It’s made by international climate systems

IMG 8225 IMG 8224

• Wow
Reactions: Remington
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!