Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I think Honda provides a warranty for accessories through dealers. I would expect the selling Honda dealer to replace the unit under warranty but if it was not installed by the dealer it may get tricky.
☝🏻☝🏻☝🏻☝🏻☝🏻☝🏻☝🏻THIS☝🏻☝🏻☝🏻☝🏻☝🏻☝🏻☝🏻

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Nice area! Might want to change you avitar to that. Majority of people dont know where Halifax is unfortunately.

We have another member on here from your area, might be able to help you or hook up and ride sometime? @Caper

DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
Here are pics. It’s made by international climate systems

View attachment 415197 View attachment 415198
Ok here we go - its a 12VDC fan motor - should have 2 wires going to the fan motor - should be able to put 12V direct to it and fan will run full speed. Whats in your hand is the speed control resistor box, my guess is there is a switch in the cab that selects speeds and that is wired to this resistor box to change fan speeds, so the resistor box can be bypassed or search "car heater fan resistor". You said 6 wires - 2 should be going to fan and 4 coming from speed select switch. Google "car heater fan wiring diagram". That resistor box is used to control fan speed.

Technically you can ohm the resistor control unit out - whats odd is the high speed on your switch should bypass all that resistor crap and run fan at full speed - I would start with - do you have 12VDC to speed control switch - may be a blown fuse. Does the fan run at high speed only? or not at all? ---- If you put an ohmeter on"resistance" and clip to the 2 fan wires, should see continuity - if no resistance - the fan motor winding is shot. Also if you ohm one fan motor lead to the fan case steel and you see continuity - the winding is grounded and fan is shot.

Personally - if it was me - id hot wire the fan motor to a 12V battery - if it runs - its good, lol....... :)

The above post is correct, Honda just buys the fan, speed control switch and resistor box from whoever and packages it all up.

Reactions: TripleB and 906UP
DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
It’s going back to the dealer this Thursday and better be resolved or I’m filing a complaint. This is complete bulls*** as I have no heat in the winter. I’m guessing the people working at my local dealer are incompetent
is this fixed?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!