Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
After months of looking online for deals on a 4-seat Talon that I could use for developing parts, I found a deal 1 hour away in Orange, TX on this 23 X4 Live Valve. I got this for the same price most used ones are selling for at $19k. It had no overpriced dealer-added accessories which is what I wanted. I'll get the few accessories I want and build the rest.

The wife wasn't crazy about the idea of spending that much money on another sxs but after she drove it she loved it. It definitely rides better than my 19 X 2-seater and whatever they changed on the power steering was a huge improvement.

I've already got a couple of ideas for 3d printed items that I will hand off to my partner while I take some time to focus on some step kickers for this rig. Bone stock the front seat step in height is 23 inches and the rear seat height is 24 inches.

I'm committed to the Talon market. These are great machines that are underappreciated. Thanks to all the guys who have been so helpful in providing feedback on how my parts fit on the 4 seaters. There is simply no better way to develop parts than having my eyes on things firsthand.

23 talon x4

Hello_Darkness

Hello_Darkness

Jun 6, 2024
Just to the right of nowhere
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Not to be that guy but check a few things out, these are common issues we see on new units or units from other places

Make sure all the cage bolts are tight (trust me they've fallen out before)

Check seatbelt bolts on the cage (installed at dealer, seen some not flush with cage, just tight because there half cross threaded)

Under the passenger side seats should be clips holding the seat frame to the plastic (nobody seems to install them)

Check battery cables

I'm sure I'm forgetting something, but these are the most common things

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Congrats, @highpocket74. I'm sure I speak for many Talon owners here when I say I appreciate all the time and effort you've put in to developing solid products for these buggies. I know mine has plenty of 10-80 bits installed, and more to come.

P.S. - Nice choice. BITFC!

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Not to be that guy but check a few things out, these are common issues we see on new units or units from other places

Make sure all the cage bolts are tight (trust me they've fallen out before)

Check seatbelt bolts on the cage (installed at dealer, seen some not flush with cage, just tight because there half cross threaded)

Under the passenger side seats should be clips holding the seat frame to the plastic (nobody seems to install them)

Check battery cables

I'm sure I'm forgetting something, but these are the most common things
All the the doors were misaligned. I worked on that this morning. The driver side front door is too far forward. There is zero gap with the front fender. Is there adjustment for that besides the 4 Allen bolts on the inside door plastic?

I’m just glad the wife likes it. She will end up driving it, I can see now.

Hello_Darkness

Hello_Darkness

Jun 6, 2024
Just to the right of nowhere
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
All the the doors were misaligned. I worked on that this morning. The driver side front door is too far forward. There is zero gap with the front fender. Is there adjustment for that besides the 4 Allen bolts on the inside door plastic?

I’m just glad the wife likes it. She will end up driving it, I can see now.

Remove the black plastic cover above the itself in the rear and you can adjust the whole mount itself.

advertisement