P500 New 520 ideas for winch, windshield, roof.

cory b

cory b

May 7, 2021
Ownership

1. 500
So I was able to pick up my new 520 this weekend after waiting for months to find one. Now I am just one of those people that think they can get a better deal than just straight up dealer pricing. But I am finding a lot of 500 info but not much on the 520. I am assuming most of the 500 accessories would be the same but not finding definitive answers.

Looking for opinions on Windshield roof options that will definitely fit the 520 without too much modification.

Also seems to me that you can get a winch mount and decent winch for way less than the 800 bucks Honda offered before labor. Seems absurd that a winch plate mount kit is as much as the winch. Then I saw info on some about a two battery isolator if going to run a winch or accessories. trying to figure out if that would be necessary to run a winch that hopefully I will not have to use but on occasion

Thanks for the help

P

pappyo

Dec 19, 2013
Welcome from Central N.Y

Red is the 1st Color All other Colors followed hopping to catch some of the Glory. Honda hopes they sell

I'm Sure some of the 520 owners will Chime in Soon & help you Lower your Net Worth.

Honda P500 roof does fit as well as Honda Windshields.

You have picked a winner in the 48in. -- 50in. Machine lineup

Reactions: J80 and cory b
Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Welcome from Ga. I recommend a Strongmade Bumper and mount a winch directly on top. The top mount is nice if in a mudhole or for plowing. Very durable. Also suggest the honda sub harness for 4 key on power sources, which one can be used for a winch key-on relay power. I’ve been running a Harbor Freight 3500 winch off the single battery with no issues. Generic wireless winch remotes can be found for $20 and are a nice addition. And of course a rubber @trigger shield to cut down on heat and noise.
A163B027 AAC9 4E92 AC01 C3D6863F6718

Last edited:
wvupsc

wvupsc

Feb 1, 2021
West Virginia
Ownership

1. 500
I got the KFI winch and plow from my dealer (installed for free when I bought the 520), which are nice and much less $$ than Honda. I went with Honda hard roof, windhsield and rear panel. All work great. Also got the Trigger Shield.

Bigtee

Bigtee

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2017
Grayson, KY
Ownership

1. 520

2. 1000-5
You do have to be careful on windshields, some of the 500 windshields will not work on the 520 because of the added bracing on the cage. I put a UTV801 windshield on my 520 and it fits great.

just keep researching on the forum and you’ll mind many good ideas, what will work or not and what are the best options.

Reactions: cory b and bpike207
stobiadas

stobiadas

Apr 12, 2021
K0E1X0
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Welcome from Ga. I recommend a Strongmade Bumper and mount a winch directly on top. The top mount is nice if in a mudhole or for plowing. Very durable. Also suggest the honda sub harness for 4 key on power sources, which one can be used for a winch key-on relay power. I’ve been running a Harbor Freight 3500 winch off the single battery with no issues. Generic wireless winch remotes can be found for $20 and are a nice addition. And of course a rubber @trigger shield to cut down on heat and noise.
View attachment 271011
"Honda sub harness"????
Need more info on this as my current set up leaves my winch operational with the key out.

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
"Honda sub harness"????
Need more info on this as my current set up leaves my winch operational with the key out.
If you do not already have a sub harness, this is handy for other accessories. If you want the winch to operate with the key off, this is not required. Key on only power can be a safety measure to prevent winch use if kids are around.
0352BCDD E019 49AC 9B3F 3EB4EACF01FA

Reactions: stobiadas
bowhunterbill

bowhunterbill

May 31, 2019
Bozeman, MT
View attachment 271011

I used the Honda harness for my winch switch to relay, led light bar (P5 headlights suck even with led bulbs) and a horn to be street legal. All without splicing into existing wiring.

Off topic but what is the black 4-6” tall object in the middle of your hood?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Mudder
Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
I used the Honda harness for my winch switch to relay, led light bar (P5 headlights suck even with led bulbs) and a horn to be street legal. All without splicing into existing wiring.

Off topic but what is the black 4-6” tall object in the middle of your hood?

That black thing is a threaded knob to secure the half shield when folded down.
27BF35F4 8DFB 40FE A4F4 F9E4BF6EA29D

bowhunterbill

bowhunterbill

May 31, 2019
Bozeman, MT
Ah ha! Ride hard!

To OP, there is a ‘sticky’ in the Accessories and Mods forum about the Honda accessory harness fyi.

Reactions: Mudder

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!