P500 New 520

TBea

TBea

Supporting Member
Dec 6, 2020
So. Cal.
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Looks great, what’s your opinion on the suspension/ride quality on rough terrain?
It rides kinda rough. I have it on the softes settings for now. I consider it more of a rock crawler. still breaking it in. Never really get of 3rd gear. I'll switch out to Walker Evans shocks near future. It's great little workhorse.

Ketch

Ketch

Mar 27, 2021
Austin
Ownership

1. 500
I ordered these for my 520. Great looking ride!

"NEW" Ultra light 1.5 Wheel Spacers - Honda
I ordered these for my 520. Great looking ride!

"NEW" Ultra light 1.5 Wheel Spacers - Honda 500/700
Forgive my ignorance. How hard is it to install the spacers? I have no experience with them but I like the idea of a more stable stance and getting a better tire. One that will give more clearance on rough hill country ranches with OLD trails/roads.

Bigtee

Bigtee

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2017
Grayson, KY
Ownership

1. 520

2. 1000-5
Forgive my ignorance. How hard is it to install the spacers? I have no experience with them but I like the idea of a more stable stance and getting a better tire. One that will give more clearance on rough hill country ranches with OLD trails/roads.
Just remove your wheel and bolt on the spacer (I would use some blue locktite on studs on your SXS), torque them and re-install your wheels.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Just remove your wheel and bolt on the spacer (I would use some blue locktite on studs on your SXS), torque them and re-install your wheels.

That's how I've always done it too but learned a little more about it when I put some on my truck. Added fender flares but liked the stock wheels, didn't want the muffin top look so gave them a little poke with 2" spacers on all 4.
Spacers are aluminum and will react with the steel of the rotor causing corrosion over time, making them hell to get off later. Also aluminum expands and contracts at a different rate than steel, this is why they recommend checking the lugs after a couple hundred miles, after everything's been heated up. Manufacturer recommended to put anti-seize between the spacer and rotor and to recheck torque after being ridden a while. FWIW

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
That's how I've always done it too but learned a little more about it when I put some on my truck. Added fender flares but liked the stock wheels, didn't want the muffin top look so gave them a little poke with 2" spacers on all 4.
Spacers are aluminum and will react with the steel of the rotor causing corrosion over time, making them hell to get off later. Also aluminum expands and contracts at a different rate than steel, this is why they recommend checking the lugs after a couple hundred miles, after everything's been heated up. Manufacturer recommended to put anti-seize between the spacer and rotor and to recheck torque after being ridden a while. FWIW
Sounds like some rubber “Trigger guard“ is needed between the spacers and steel rotor. (Insert laughing emoji here).

TBea

TBea

Supporting Member
Dec 6, 2020
So. Cal.
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Question: Do the spacers make the 520 wider?

Reactions: rtn001 and J80
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!