P700 New 700 Overheating Mystery Solved

Noob

Noob

Oct 27, 2016
West slope of the Blue Ridge
Ownership

1. 700-2
Brand new 700 overheated really hot. Took to the dealer ( I am using that warranty baby) and after they looked it over and did some quick trouble shooting it was determined that there is a gremlin infestation at the assembly plant; the fan wasn't plugged up.
I am thinking this has happened to several new owners. I wonder....are they leaving them unplugged on purpose to prevent the fan from kicking on in the event the machine gets hot during transit due to weather, Hey. I am just throwing that out there....or it could be gremlins.

Reactions: Max718 and Mudwing
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Brand new 700 overheated really hot. Took to the dealer ( I am using that warranty baby) and after they looked it over and did some quick trouble shooting it was determined that there is a gremlin infestation at the assembly plant; the fan wasn't plugged up.
I am thinking this has happened to several new owners. I wonder....are they leaving them unplugged on purpose to prevent the fan from kicking on in the event the machine gets hot during transit due to weather, Hey. I am just throwing that out there....or it could be gremlins.
Well, even if it was that, it should be on the dealers make ready list. ;) Can’t argue that there’s not some quality control issues with Honda....

Reactions: Max718 and Mudwing
Farmer

Farmer

🚜🔨🚛🔧
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 22, 2014
Southern MO
Ownership

1. 700-2
Brand new 700 overheated really hot. ..... I wonder....are they leaving them unplugged on purpose to prevent the fan from kicking on in the event the machine gets hot during transit due to weather, Hey. I am just throwing that out there....or it could be gremlins.

Good question. Here's two more.... how hot could it get in or on a trailer? What's the temp limit switch for the fan set at... 210 or so?

Noob

Noob

Oct 27, 2016
West slope of the Blue Ridge
Ownership

1. 700-2
Good question. Here's two more.... how hot could it get in or on a trailer? What's the temp limit switch for the fan set at... 210 or so?

I see your location is northern Illinois. This may be a stupid question, but have you ever been in Macon Georgia in July or August?

Farmer

Farmer

🚜🔨🚛🔧
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 22, 2014
Southern MO
Ownership

1. 700-2
I see your location is northern Illinois. This may be a stupid question, but have you ever been in Macon Georgia in July or August?

No I havn't. I have lived in Florida during those month's though. I wasn't trying to be "smart". They were honest questions.

Reactions: Noob
Mudwing

Mudwing

Lifetime Member
Jul 9, 2017
The Mud holes
Ownership

1. 700-4
The engine should not be on during transit. I think the plug was forgotten at some point. Don’t get discouraged about the seven hundred. It’s a rock solid runner. You have to ride it in order to shake the gremlins loose. Gremlins love mechanical things, like bikes.

swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
No gremlins, just some Honda assembly gal or guy took three hits of the purple when they should of only hit it twice on break
Glad you got that fixed.shame one of us didn't think of that and tell you to look for it. But the first one I heard for fan not plugged in. The fan is one of the weak points on the 700 but it's usually from water or mudd. Now you got her up and running so get some miles on the old girl.

Last edited:
M

motorman18

Apr 28, 2016
Laurel, MS
How hot did it get do you think it got hot enough to hurt it that should be on them to fix if it did

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Naw friend. I didn't take it like that at all. I was the smart aazz and hope I didn't offend. And if you lived in Fla then you understand southern heat in the summer.
Like it when it’s all good!! :)

Reactions: Farmer and Noob
DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Funny...I started to ask about this in the thread you started, but thought it was the 1000 that a few guys got unplugged fans from the dealership.

Maybe the same guy now working on 700's?

Reactions: Noob
Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Meanwhile at the Polaris Assembly Plant...
A86437F2 BDD4 4C74 BACF B53D98EB3121

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!