Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4
OK. Now where is that avatar from? I was stationed on Oklahoma for a while and that just doesn't look like Ok to me.
Haha. That’s my New Mexico place. ;)

daryladams

daryladams

Jul 20, 2018
Nashoba, OK
Ownership

1. 700-2
Brand new 700 overheated really hot. Took to the dealer ( I am using that warranty baby) and after they looked it over and did some quick trouble shooting it was determined that there is a gremlin infestation at the assembly plant; the fan wasn't plugged up.
I am thinking this has happened to several new owners. I wonder....are they leaving them unplugged on purpose to prevent the fan from kicking on in the event the machine gets hot during transit due to weather, Hey. I am just throwing that out there....or it could be gremlins.

Had the exact same problem with my p500. The dealer said it was the second they'd seen with the issue.

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Brand new 700 overheated really hot. Took to the dealer ( I am using that warranty baby) and after they looked it over and did some quick trouble shooting it was determined that there is a gremlin infestation at the assembly plant; the fan wasn't plugged up.
I am thinking this has happened to several new owners. I wonder....are they leaving them unplugged on purpose to prevent the fan from kicking on in the event the machine gets hot during transit due to weather, Hey. I am just throwing that out there....or it could be gremlins.
I had my 700-4 for over a month before I ever heard the fan kick on, mine always runs on the cooler side....two bars on the temp display is as hot as it gets. Glad they got you fixed up. My buddy has a 700-4 that just came back from the shop with a fresh rebuild, he had 10,000+ miles on it when she gave up...and not all highway if you know what I mean lol.

jwfirebird

jwfirebird

Sep 23, 2018
western ny
Ownership

1. 700-2
same here was 70s still when I got It, only comes on when I'm riding very slow for quite a while. like picking up wood or doing things around the house leaving the engine on, only runs a couple seconds. pretty happy with that, should be good when we get a lot of pollen or mud in the spring to be partially clogged

Reactions: Russ989
E

Elitebowman

Jan 3, 2019
New York
Ownership

1. 700-2
Hi, I just bought a used 2018, Honda Pioneer 700. I smelled anti-freeze last week when I ran it for a few minutes. I plowed just a little snow today, and thought I smelled it. I looked and it is low. It isn't overheating, but I don't understand why it would be low. What are you talking about when you said "are they leaving them unplugged"? What do you mean? I am curious so I can look at that. Thank you.

jwfirebird

jwfirebird

Sep 23, 2018
western ny
Ownership

1. 700-2
fan plug I guess, maybe low from the factory, or I thought I had read a few posts about a leak from loose bolts on something. fan wouldn't cause low coolant. either low from the factory or leaking somewhere.

Reactions: Mudwing
E

Elitebowman

Jan 3, 2019
New York
Ownership

1. 700-2
fan plug I guess, maybe low from the factory, or I thought I had read a few posts about a leak from loose bolts on something. fan wouldn't cause low coolant. either low from the factory or leaking somewhere.
I bought this used, only had around 300 miles on it. From a dealer that sells all brands. I read on another thread on here about the t-stat gasket is a known problem with these. I am going out shortly to take a look at it. only about 18 deg. out now though. So I will wait a little bit. Thank you for the reply. I went back and read some of that post, and it was the fan plug he was talking about.

Farmer

Farmer

🚜🔨🚛🔧
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 22, 2014
Southern MO
Ownership

1. 700-2
Hi, I just bought a used 2018, Honda Pioneer 700. I smelled anti-freeze last week when I ran it for a few minutes. I plowed just a little snow today, and thought I smelled it. I looked and it is low. It isn't overheating, but I don't understand why it would be low. What are you talking about when you said "are they leaving them unplugged"? What do you mean? I am curious so I can look at that. Thank you.

Check every single hose clamp. My 2014 did the same thing and I eventually found a lower hose was just loose enough to leak when warm.

E

Elitebowman

Jan 3, 2019
New York
Ownership

1. 700-2
Check every single hose clamp. My 2014 did the same thing and I eventually found a lower hose was just loose enough to leak when warm.
Okay thanks. I looked and didn't see any leaks but will keep looking.

Mudwing

Mudwing

Lifetime Member
Jul 9, 2017
The Mud holes
Ownership

1. 700-4
Okay thanks. I looked and didn't see any leaks but will keep looking.

I’d top off the overflow tank and ride it. See if the coolant level drops to verify there’s a leak. It took mine a couple of months to go low. The leak was small. Don’t get discouraged.

Reactions: Farmer
E

Elitebowman

Jan 3, 2019
New York
Ownership

1. 700-2
I’d top off the overflow tank and ride it. See if the coolant level drops to verify there’s a leak. It took mine a couple of months to go low. The leak was small. Don’t get discouraged.
I just came in from doing just that. lol. That is what I am going to do, also I called the dealership I bought it from, to let him know just in case. I am waiting for my roof to come in. He said bring it up and they will take a look at it too. Thanks for reply.

Farmer

Farmer

🚜🔨🚛🔧
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 22, 2014
Southern MO
Ownership

1. 700-2
Had to crawl under mine to find it.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!