BOX1

P700 New 700 won’t go into reverse

H

Huffsv

May 19, 2020
Beaumont, tx
Ownership

1. 700-4
New to the forum and new owner of a 700-4. When shifting to put it into reverse it just makes a grinding noise but never engages. There are no issues putting it in forward. Is there a way to adjust anything to get it to go into gear. Any help would be appreciated.

Reactions: DG Rider
DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
New to the forum and new owner of a 700-4. When shifting to put it into reverse it just makes a grinding noise but never engages. There are no issues putting it in forward. Is there a way to adjust anything to get it to go into gear. Any help would be appreciated.
The cable is adjustable. I don't know the procedure, but a little searching can find a PDF service manual online (including here). Someone may post the steps in a bit.

Reactions: Smitty335
B

Bigseff23

Feb 9, 2020
Lakeland Florida
Ownership

1. 700-4
If the pioneer is brand new is be taking it back ASAP as they didn't do a good pre-delivery inspection

• Wow
Reactions: Smitty335
widopenspaces

widopenspaces

Supporting Member
Mar 9, 2023
Wellington, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Huffsv, did the dealer get your issue resolved? If so, what was the resolution?

Glock21user

Glock21user

" Nothing succeeds like excess "
Lifetime Member
Dec 16, 2018
Livingston county, Mi.
Ownership

1. 700-4
The problem we face as a community online is that a lot of self centered and selfish people join us only to get answers to their issue and never return.
We do as we always do, we welcome, we help and we look for feedback only to never hear from them again.
Sad but truth.

FJC 79

FJC 79

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 3, 2020
ne. ohio
Ownership

1. 700-2
The problem we face as a community online is that a lot of self centered and selfish people join us only to get answers to their issue and never return.
We do as we always do, we welcome, we help and we look for feedback only to never hear from them again.
Sad but truth.
Yes it's the truth but also a shame they can't take a minute and let you know if it was a help or not.

Glock21user

Glock21user

Lifetime Member
Dec 16, 2018
Livingston county, Mi.
Ownership

1. 700-4
Yes it's the truth but also a shame they can't take a minute and let you know if it was a help or not.
Totally 100 percent agree.
Selfish folks don't much care though.
We do but they don't.
It is because we care about our hobby, our friends and helping others to be successful where as they only care about themselves.
The only thing I can add is that we need to keep being us and doing what we do and hopefully more folks will begin to care and update.

widopenspaces

widopenspaces

Supporting Member
Mar 9, 2023
Wellington, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Interesting dynamic. I guess I never thought about that, but it makes sense. Good to know in the early stages of my time here, though. I don't want to be "that guy" . . . unless, of course, I'm "that guy" catching all the fish, killing all the birds or who just got that big buck. In that case, you can all be assured I'll be back to give a lot of feedback, and photos too!!!

Glock21user

Glock21user

Lifetime Member
Dec 16, 2018
Livingston county, Mi.
Ownership

1. 700-4
I seem to always that guy that needs help LOL. I try to give back when I can , not that I have alot of wisdom to give to such an experienced group.
You have a lot to offer for sure, your time to shine will happen and when it does we will all be here to learn from you.

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
I seem to always that guy that needs help LOL. I try to give back when I can , not that I have alot of wisdom to give to such an experienced group.

You have a lot to offer for sure, your time to shine will happen and when it does we will all be here to learn from you.
When you’re new, learn. As you learn, teach. - CID :cool:

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!