P1000 New around these parts

T

TomB985

Dec 27, 2014
Good morning, everyone.

I've spent some time on this site before learning about my mom's P500, but I've never been a regular poster. After a very sudden death in my family, I decided to rethink my priorities and trade my street bike for something safer that I could take my boys with me on. So last week I pulled the trigger, and this guy followed me home.

QEPmI71

I get some strange looks pulling it with a minivan, but so far I'm beyond impressed with the Pioneer. I've gotten about 93 miles on it so far, and I really couldn't be happier with it. Absolutely no comparison with the P500 I've spent time with before, it's amazing what you can do without all the sacrifices made for width and weight. I really love the powertrain, and the suspension is a lot more compliant than I would have expected. I look forward to lots of happy miles on the new Pioneer!

QURxSUN

GkixmIl

BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Good morning, everyone.

I've spent some time on this site before learning about my mom's P500, but I've never been a regular poster. After a very sudden death in my family, I decided to rethink my priorities and trade my street bike for something safer that I could take my boys with me on. So last week I pulled the trigger, and this guy followed me home.

View attachment 83044

I get some strange looks pulling it with a minivan, but so far I'm beyond impressed with the Pioneer. I've gotten about 93 miles on it so far, and I really couldn't be happier with it. Absolutely no comparison with the P500 I've spent time with before, it's amazing what you can do without all the sacrifices made for width and weight. I really love the powertrain, and the suspension is a lot more compliant than I would have expected. I look forward to lots of happy miles on the new Pioneer!

View attachment 83045

View attachment 83046
Congrats welcome to the club and I don't blame you for getting rid of two wheeled skin separator

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Congratulations and welcome!
I too got off the street a while back, people just don’t give bikes a second thought. Too dangerous, much better when things don’t come at ya:)
Welcome to the 1000

BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Congratulations and welcome!
I too got off the street a while back, people just don’t give bikes a second thought. Too dangerous, much better when things don’t come at ya:)
Welcome to the 1000
Hell people don't know how to drive anymore half the time they don't even see me in a three-quarter ton truck

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
advertisement
T

TomB985

Dec 27, 2014
Thanks, guys!

So far I've been very impressed with the amount of information available. I became a supporting member over the weekend and downloaded the factory shop manual, which is very helpful for understanding how everything works. Really frustrates me that you can't find a .pdf owner's manual for these things, it would make things a lot easier for me.

I'll be doing my first oil change this week, and the guide posted down in Shop Talk is fantastic. I hope to be able to contribute something to the group during my time here.

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
That's awesome congrats!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: BWAF
E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Glad that you've joined the "ADDICTION!"

Let the spending begin.

ENJOY!!!!!!!!

Reactions: BWAF
Canuck1000

Canuck1000

Aug 3, 2018
Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Congrats! I had a couple of Honda VFR 800 “donorcycles” as my wife called them but sold them when first kid was born. I just picked up a Pioneer 1000 last week and love it so far too.

T

TomB985

Dec 27, 2014
Thanks, everyone!

First mods will probably be the partial windscreen and a roof. Almost bought the roof yesterday, but I've been spending too much lately, so trying to cool it off for a bit. The Pioneer hasn't ceased to impress me, though...perhaps that would be different had I driven anything other than a P500 before this.

No regrets selling the bike, though. I've got kids, and rode for the last fifteen years. Just over one month ago we very suddenly lost our middle child, which taught me a very blunt lesson on how fragile life can be. My boys are aged 4 and 9, and I gotta be there for them, and getting on the FJR scared the heck out of me ever since she passed away. Motorcycles are made every day, and perhaps I'll return to it someday. But not for the next few years at least, and I'm sure the Pioneer will keep us plenty entertained in the meantime.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Thanks, everyone!

First mods will probably be the partial windscreen and a roof. Almost bought the roof yesterday, but I've been spending too much lately, so trying to cool it off for a bit. The Pioneer hasn't ceased to impress me, though...perhaps that would be different had I driven anything other than a P500 before this.

No regrets selling the bike, though. I've got kids, and rode for the last fifteen years. Just over one month ago we very suddenly lost our middle child, which taught me a very blunt lesson on how fragile life can be. My boys are aged 4 and 9, and I gotta be there for them, and getting on the FJR scared the heck out of me ever since she passed away. Motorcycles are made every day, and perhaps I'll return to it someday. But not for the next few years at least, and I'm sure the Pioneer will keep us plenty entertained in the meantime.
I’m very sorry for your loss i can’t imagine what your family is going through. I applaud you for staying strong and being there for everyone else it’s got to be tough to do!
Life is fragile enjoy all you can while you can

T

TomB985

Dec 27, 2014
Thanks...this has been the hardest thing I've ever had to go through, and completely unlike what I would have expected it to be. Hannah had a lot of medical complications, but nothing that shouldn't have been manageable. We all honestly expected her to live a full life, but apparently God had other plans.

This is from her Make-A-Wish trip to Florida last year

Ms7kLYk

Sry for being a downer, I'm in one of those moods at the moment. I'll stop going off-topic now. ;)

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks...this has been the hardest thing I've ever had to go through, and completely unlike what I would have expected it to be. Hannah had a lot of medical complications, but nothing that shouldn't have been manageable. We all honestly expected her to live a full life, but apparently God had other plans.

This is from her Make-A-Wish trip to Florida last year

View attachment 83343

Sry for being a downer, I'm in one of those moods at the moment. I'll stop going off-topic now. ;)
You have been here since 2014, nothing is off topic!
I am sorry for your loss, we appreciate you telling your story though, makes us all a little more connected.
You have been here since 2014, nothing is off topic!

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!