toddvdh

toddvdh

Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2020
Green Bay, WI
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I added a new HMF bumper, exo guards and a light bar last weekend. I think it makes it look way tougher and should give some more protection. It bolted up easy, only took about 2 hours. Now all I need to add is a winch!!
(and then more I'm sure)

toddvdh

toddvdh

Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2020
Green Bay, WI
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I went through this place. Best price I could find. It only took about 3 weeks to receive them due to production delays.

Reactions: BWAF and TripleB
Gabbas

Gabbas

May 17, 2020
Humboldt, Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I went through this place. Best price I could find. It only took about 3 weeks to receive them due to production delays.

That's where I was looking. One question, does it bolt up to the upper square tube where the factory location does? That's the strongest point of the bumper. Going off the picture it looks like it's mainly just the 2 lower bolts. Fffbbe87df4a5da6cd84bdcfdc31eb2e

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Reactions: BWAF and toddvdh
toddvdh

toddvdh

Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2020
Green Bay, WI
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Yes, it replaces the whole bumper. It comes with new hardware and bolts up to the factory spot.

The hardest part was loosening the roll cage bolts. They are tight.

I did install everything with med strength loc-tite like recommended. I bolted the bumper up loose, then installed the exo bars. I did need to flex the front bumper to get the exo bars to line up, but i was able to do it myself. Then i went through and tightened everything.

Reactions: Smitty335
toddvdh

toddvdh

Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2020
Green Bay, WI
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
That's where I was looking. One question, does it bolt up to the upper square tube where the factory location does? That's the strongest point of the bumper. Going off the picture it looks like it's mainly just the 2 lower bolts. View attachment 234397

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Yes it bolts to the angled square tube. They have angle brackets that bolt onto the back of the winch plate and go the the square tube (they aren't shown in the picture). It is at least as solid as the factory bumper. Probably more so because of the tieback to the roll cage if you get the exo bars.

I drive through the woods a lot and hope it will save a few scratches in the hood.

It's at the cabin so I can't take pictures right now, but it is a solid unit, and I'm a welder who has made lots of bumpers and winch mounts myself, so i usually overdesign stuff. Lol

toddvdh

toddvdh

Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2020
Green Bay, WI
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Here are the angle brackets that attach to the frame tube steel on top. Sorry, I just remembered to take a picture last week at the cabin when I installed the winch.

6E6FAAE0 97C3 4788 AD54 821E7B854C3F

195F4DBB 6C76 413F 9A6D 8C618A975501

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!