Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Southern Honda Powersports used to have a K Mart sized building full of inventory. Kinda sad they have so few inventory in their new location. No SxS or atvs.

H

HondaTech

This is basically everywhere. We havent have a SXS that wasn't sold already for almost 3 months.

Up north is getting offroad stuff and we're getting street stuff.

Hell even before the Scamdemic we couldn't get Honda to give us s*** for units. They give it to other guys who sell less just because their level 5 dealers.

Bisley

Bisley

Apr 14, 2021
West Covina, CA
Ownership

1. 500
I think real estate has a LOT to do with it. Here on SoCal I could buy several today without driving more than 50-75 miles. Wrong vehicle for most people here. They wanted super fast desert screamers because vehicles like the Pioneers don't throw enough dust in your camp when they go through and never slow down. But I'm not bitter........

They told me the hardest one to keep in stock here are the mini-motos.

H

HondaTech

Out of curiosity, what is a Level 5 dealer?
Honda has different levels of Powerhouse dealers. All powerhouse dealers can only sell Honda products.

We're a level 4.
Meaning we have to keep one of every model in stock or ordered at all times. When possible.

The dealerships that have the big fancy buildings, with the Wing on the front are level 5 dealers. They built all level 5s to match and be the leading place to experience Honda powersports products. They have to have every model and evey color in stock. But that changed sometime a few years ago. They usually get first choice of left over units and get new units first. My old dealership was a level 5 dealer.

This is what a typical level 5 dealer looks like.

Front11

HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Thanks for the explanation.

I bought a new Goldwing from the big dealer @ Shawnee OK just north of OKC in January 2011.

Also bought a 2014 from the dealer in Russellville, AR in 2014.

I think both dealerships were Level 5 high volume stores. They were very large and fancy like luxury car stores. Sales were good then and both were big regional discount dealers and a pleasure to buy from.

Shawnee advertises continuously on ebay selling take-off wheels and tires, and eom Honda parts. I bought a set of four new take-off P1000 deluxe wheels and tires from them 3 or 4 months ago.

Last edited:
Mopower58

Mopower58

CST is the Best!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Honda has different levels of Powerhouse dealers. All powerhouse dealers can only sell Honda products.

We're a level 4.
Meaning we have to keep one of every model in stock or ordered at all times. When possible.

The dealerships that have the big fancy buildings, with the Wing on the front are level 5 dealers. They built all level 5s to match and be the leading place to experience Honda powersports products. They have to have every model and evey color in stock. But that changed sometime a few years ago. They usually get first choice of left over units and get new units first. My old dealership was a level 5 dealer.

This is what a typical level 5 dealer looks like.

View attachment 279662
Our Honda dealer in Brookhaven,Ms. is a Level 5.

BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Our Honda dealer in Brookhaven,Ms. is a Level 5.
Yep, I am 40 miles south of Brookhaven and bought mine there. At the time in Oct '17, they were selling THOUSANDS of SxS per year and had the best price I could find ANYWHERE. NOW, they can not keep a SxS in the showroom.

advertisement
HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Be patient my friends. The dealers have no control over lack of inventory.

Imagine the predicament the dealership owner(s) are in. They've got multimillion dollar building, probably with mortgages, huge monthly expenses to pay - payroll, taxes, insurance, etc., and their sales can't currently support a little mom and pop store. Some will be or already have closed their doors, perhaps file a BK.

These are tough times for our dealer network. Honda is apparently unable to obtain all the components and m ateria.ls needed to complete their units. Worldwide shipping is tangled and slow and nationwide transportation in the USA is backed up. Now we add the senile dimwit in the White House and his party who have shut down oil exploration, drilling, and pipelines and now fuel prices are skyrocketing driving transportation cost and retail prices of everything up.,

It's probably just a matter of time until twinkle-toed libs in ballet shoes riding bicycles push their allies in congress to outlaw the wasteful gas burning toys we all love. Electric side by side anyone?

We'll be lucky if our Honda dealers survive this administration.

Bmurray

Bmurray

Lifetime Member
May 6, 2021
Missouri but soon to be Idaho
Ownership

1. Talon X
Be patient my friends. The dealers have no control over lack of inventory.

Imagine the predicament the dealership owner(s) are in. They've got multimillion dollar building, probably with mortgages, huge monthly expenses to pay - payroll, taxes, insurance, etc., and their sales can't currently support a little mom and pop store. Some will be or already have closed their doors, perhaps file a BK.

These are tough times for our dealer network. Honda is apparently unable to obtain all the components and m ateria.ls needed to complete their units. Worldwide shipping is tangled and slow and nationwide transportation in the USA is backed up. Now we add the senile dimwit in the White House and his party who have shut down oil exploration, drilling, and pipelines and now fuel prices are skyrocketing driving transportation cost and retail prices of everything up.,

It's probably just a matter of time until twinkle-toed libs in ballet shoes riding bicycles push their allies in congress to outlaw the wasteful gas burning toys we all love. Electric side by side anyone?

We'll be lucky if our Honda dealers survive this administration.
you nailed it 100% brother!!!

R

RLovgren

Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2019
Albemarle NC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yep, I am 40 miles south of Brookhaven and bought mine there. At the time in Oct '17, they were selling THOUSANDS of SxS per year and had the best price I could find ANYWHERE. NOW, they can not keep a SxS in the showroom.
does Honda have a listing of where its level 5 Dealers are located? I live in central NC

Reactions: Mudder

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!