P1000 New exhaust tip option!!!!!

t-bear

t-bear

Nov 11, 2019
NE OK
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Most of your back pressure is way before the tip anyways so no worries there. I have noticed no ill effects from running a different tip. It does rev a little easier and changes the exhaust note/tone.
Cool thanks for the feedback. This does seem like a great option if no ill effects once my stock mesh goes bad. Appreciate it.

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just installed mine and love it! Thank you all for all the information you provide! Stuff like this makes modifying so fun!

IMG 20200828 193522

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just changed mine also, and don't really notice any difference.
I notice a tone change, not a volume change. The machine sounds deeper. I like it. While I was doing my research on the pioneer exhaust I came across the whiskey bent tip. By its description and others remarks I wanted to try it. But $100 for a tip with spark arrestor seems really steep to me. I found this thread and I was able to try out the tip change for $22 with spark arrestor. I just hope soon to drive my pioneer enough to change the tip color so I can be like the cool kids.

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I just changed mine also, and don't really notice any difference.
My buddy put 1 of these on and we could barely tell a difference in the sound. He removed the screen and then it made a big difference in the sound. So that makes it illegal in most places. It sounds good but I didn't get any in cab time with it on so I dont know how much louder it is. I wouldn't want anything any louder than stock myself.

Last edited:
Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My buddy put 1 of these on and we could barely tell a sound difference in the sound. He removed the screen and then it made a big difference in the sound. So that makes it illegal in most places. It sounds good but I didn't get any in cab time with it on so I dont know how much louder it is. I wouldn't want anything any louder than stock myself.
I would say it's not any louder. While driving you can't tell a difference from the seat. Those around you will hear a difference. My wife described it as sounding less like a ricer.

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
My buddy put 1 of these on and we could barely tell a difference in the sound. He removed the screen and then it made a big difference in the sound. So that makes it illegal in most places. It sounds good but I didn't get any in cab time with it on so I dont know how much louder it is. I wouldn't want anything any louder than stock myself.
There is no way that the screen included with that tip had any sort of effect on the sound/flow/etc. The mesh is way too big to have any sort of restriction. The only time I notice mine is when engine braking and it has a little rumble.

IMG 20200829 173308

It's not like the stock arrestor that juts way into the muffler with a much finer mesh. Mine was clogged to the point it sounded like something was stuck in the tailpipe.

IMG 20200508 121154

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I did the tip hoping for a sound change. My unit had 300 miles on it when I did it so mine wasn't clogged yet. I just wanted a different tone. That was the only reason I went with the cheap tip VS whiskey bent. I would have been sad to spend $100 and not changed the tone any so I chickened out and went the cheap route to make sure I would like it. Now that I have heard it I would not have any doubts the whiskey tip would have satisfied what I wanted. I think the whiskey tip is better built and suited for the machine. That is only based on what I have read because I have not seen one in person.

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
There is no way that the screen included with that tip had any sort of effect on the sound/flow/etc. The mesh is way too big to have any sort of restriction. The only time I notice mine is when engine braking and it has a little rumble.

View attachment 221376

It's not like the stock arrestor that juts way into the muffler with a much finer mesh. Mine was clogged to the point it sounded like something was stuck in the tailpipe.

View attachment 221377
Lol I'm not arguing with u, I'm just stating what I heard for myself.

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5

View attachment 221376

View attachment 221377

Honda extends the screen into the muffler for good reason, as it allows the screen to have far more open surface area, which equates to less restriction (assuming the screen is reasonably clean of course). The smaller flat screen, even though it has larger openings in the mesh (good), has larger wire diameter (bad) and less screen surface area (also bad). Without doing the math or setting up a test rig with manometer to measure the delta-P (pressure differential across the screen), my guess is the aftermarket screen probably has higher restriction.

The takeaway, is add screen cleaning to my maintenance interval. :)

DIRTBILY

DIRTBILY

May 31, 2021
Grantville Ga
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Honda extends the screen into the muffler for good reason, as it allows the screen to have far more open surface area, which equates to less restriction (assuming the screen is reasonably clean of course). The smaller flat screen, even though it has larger openings in the mesh (good), has larger wire diameter (bad) and less screen surface area (also bad). Without doing the math or setting up a test rig with manometer to measure the delta-P (pressure differential across the screen), my guess is the aftermarket screen probably has higher restriction.

The takeaway, is add screen cleaning to my maintenance interval. :)
I've never cleaned a spark arrestor before, only removed them 😂, but I can't do that now our land lease owners require one due to the price of wood and such. So my question is, how do clean it? Brake cleaner? Let it soak in something over night? I don't want to get kicked out of my club for throwing flames everywhere. What do y'all use?

Reactions: 05Willys
05Willys

05Willys

Apr 21, 2021
PA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I did a few for other people ( I'm a remover also), I just used a wire brush and blew it out with an air line. Cleaned up just fine.

Reactions: bumperm
bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'd use my bead blast cabinet, absent that I'd go with 05Willys advice.

sporttrac4x4

sporttrac4x4

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2016
ILL.
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Just use a wire brush lightly blow it out with air Compressor wear Eye protection.

Reactions: 05Willys

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!