New Forum Feature - Lock threads after one year of inactivity.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Did you expect anything less? :D

I was just rattling your chain! Absolutely NOTHING negative was meant or implied. Personally, I see nothing wrong with what you do with those situations and posts. In fact, I think they are funny as hell!

It's likely just a vBulletin add-on that will look at the most recent post in each thread and lock it if the post date is greater than the period the admin configured it for. I doubt it will support multiple conditions, such as (LAST_POST >= 365 days AND OP_LAST_LOGIN >= 6 months).

@Remington What Scoop said - :cool:
No harm was intended
And apologies accepted but not needed. All good

Rayger143

Rayger143

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 5, 2020
Winfield, BC Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Im off a few days taking care personal family matters, come back and shots fired! 🤣😂

Now, you feel the way ya’ll feel. But 99% of the time if you actually read what I respond to and look into it, Its a majority of the time from a newbie. They dont know how (that is fine BTW) to look up/at the OP or the post date or whoever they are responding to (half the time we dont know who they are responding to either🤣)
When they where LAST ON so they probably wont get an answer from them. Every once in a great while someone else has that answer at which is a good thing. What I tell them is to hopefully help them in the future and its not too demean them like im sure butthurt individuals may think Im doing. (Sorry i have no filter🤣) I do like to throw some forum banter in there as well. If im over the line, Im sure A moderator, its happened before but not often will tell me to cool my jets.
But If it makes ya’ll happy I can just let you explain it to these folks.l

As for locking it up after a year? Id say yes if the OP hasn't been on the forum since then.
If they have, stretch it out another 6 months. But that might be too much to monitor. In the end its not my decision anyway.
Always good when the Sheriff comes to town.

E

eolesen

Oct 29, 2023
People's Republic of Illinois
Ownership

1. 700-4
I run another site with 20 years of posts.

We lock at 10 years, and send a warning when starting a reply on a thread with no activity for six months or longer.

The nag message has really cut back on the necroposting.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk

Reactions: NorthernJoe and CID
100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Nope, not really.
I thought I had seen a few ppl complaining of old threads popping back up.

If you don't want it.. then we won't have it.
I can change it to just a "old thread notice" vs locking.
People b****ing about my Other Hobbies thread? Do the threads eat up data? I think notifications are better. Especially if sent to the OP if still active. Never know when someone is away for whatever reason though, so give a decent response time.

overlooking the headwaters of the Rio Grande River in Colorado.
46A8D0D5 B421 4C26 951F EA6D35B47120

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!