New Forum Software is UP!!!!.... What do you notice?

F

Fyathyrio

Sep 24, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
Yes, when the mouse is moved off of the undesired open menu, it does close again, I would prefer it not open at all unless I click it. Having random menus open and close every time a mouse happens to pass over is annoying, distracting, and occasionally blocks actual things I'd prefer to click on. If this feature is desired, perhaps a short time delay can be added to minimize this behavior? Wouldn't need much, I suspect as short as 1/2 second would work.

F

Fyathyrio

Sep 24, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
Additionally, these land mine menus that explode whenever the mouse passes over them are also redundant, superfluous, unnecessary, pointless and perhaps repetitive. The links in the dropdown are the same links in the menu bar they cover.

Menus2

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Agree the are repetitive. I'll think about removing the sub menu bar as it gets removed once you scroll anyways making it pointless as you said.

I will also look into "mouse - pause [ms] before dropdown" code.

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Agree the are repetitive. I'll think about removing the sub menu bar as it gets removed once you scroll anyways making it pointless as you said.

I will also look into "mouse - pause [ms] before dropdown" code.
If the sub menu goes away then the pause is probably not needed. I think the annoyance comes into play when you drift a little high going across the sub menu and then you suddenly have another menu in the way of what you were just about to click (or now you've accidentally clicked on the pop down menu item)

Not positive...just food for thought.

Reactions: Mudwing
NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Letting you know (in the official thread) that editing a post with photos appears to add the photos to the end of the post another time. You can view post number 1 in the NTC. I edited the post and it dropped a couple of the photos in a second time at the bottom. I then specifically re-edited the post to remove the duplicate copies posted, but it put them right back. Oddly, there are other photos in the post that did not duplicate. It's an interesting one.

I think I have more insight for you ... the ones duplicated are in fact gif's not just photos. I also see this at the bottom of the post when editing it...

...which are the items being duplicated. If there is something I can do to help please let me know.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
2 things:
This may have nothing to do with this site (and my phone is a turd pile), but whenever I try to use search from "inside" a thread, the keyboard comes up, and promptly goes right back down.

And the button at the bottom for "Donate" says Don tat!. Or Don't at!.

advertisement
stellarpod

stellarpod

Lifetime Member
Apr 18, 2019
OKC, OK - USA
Ownership

1. Talon X
@Hondasxs , it appears that the "New Posts" has been replaced with a "Find Threads", which brings up nothing but threads I'm subscribed to. Or perhaps the "Find Threads" was always there and the "New Posts" has just disappeared. Any ideas how this happened?

Steve

Last edited:
CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
When I reply to a thread, I start getting e-mail notifications even though I have that turned off in my profile. IOW - it seems a post's default is e-mail notification. I have to unsubscribe and then re-subscribe, choosing 'no e-mail notification'.

Note that it's entirely possible that I missed checking a field in my profile - tech challenged. :oops:

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
When I reply to a thread, I start getting e-mail notifications even though I have that turned off in my profile. IOW - it seems a post's default is e-mail notification. I have to unsubscribe and then re-subscribe, choosing 'no e-mail notification'.

Note that it's entirely possible that I missed checking a field in my profile - tech challenged. :oops:
I know this becomes an issue for those that frequent the site daily. But for a new or seldom user, its expected.
I cant have both. I can only teach how to stop them.

Its a 2 step process.
1 - Stop future subscribed to emails.
2 - Stop past subscribed to emails.

Stop future by adjusting settings here - https://hondasxs.com/account/preferences
Stop PAST by turning off emails here - https://hondasxs.com/watched/threads
--- Then, in the top right look for Manage Watched threads --> Disable email notifications.

Try this and report back in a few days and let me know if it worked PLEASE!
Thanks.

Reactions: CID
CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
@Hondasxs Thank you. #beers I'll let you know. 👍

ProudDadOf5

ProudDadOf5

It all started with “Hold My Beer”
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jun 25, 2019
Winfield, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Just came across this.

Reactions: Hondasxs
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!