New from Louisiana

M

Mypioneer

Jan 1, 2015
Arnaudville LA
On December 23, 2014, I purchased a new 2015 Honda Pioneer 500. I have owned a couple of different Honda three wheelers over the years and in 2004 purchased my first 4 wheeler, a Suzuki Eiger. I really enjoyed that machine but three years ago I sold it to my brother. In June 2014 I purchased a 2004 Honda Foreman 450 but it needed lots of work. I made all repairs and it was a really solid machine. With all the trips to the local Honda dealership I must have walked past the Pioneer several times. I know a few people that purchased them and told me they are great. Well on December 23 I went to the Honda dealership to pick up parts that were ordered for my old Foreman, and that afternoon I came home with the Pioneer. For me "Red" was always Honda so I chose red. I upgraded the tires to 26" ITP mud lites and they were mounted to the factory wheels. Hardcoat windshield, rear basket, and hard roof was also installed. I installed a rear view mirror also, one from Cabelas that's actually sold for side mirrors and it works great for a rear view.

So so far I am really enjoying the Pioneer 500. A few days after that I purchased a Warn 3000lbs winch and Strong Made winch mount. That same day I returned the 3000 and upgraded to the 4000, it was less then 50.00 price difference. Well a few days later I tried to mount it and discovered that the 4000 will not fit on the lower mount. I returned the lower mount and purchased a KFI mount. I did not get a chance to install it yet.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
MyPioneer,
Welcome to the community.
Your right, the Foreman was a very strong line. Owned a few my self over the years. Did you end up trading it or keeping it as a backup? I'd keep it unless they giving you good price. Your going to love your 500. Nice you picked up all those accessories so quick. You sure are not wasting any time. As for the winch. Not that was your plan, but the top side mount looks like a better location. Not sure why Honda did not put it there.

Well, If you get around to it, we love pictures.
Hope to see you around.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!