New from Texas

M

Mschilling

Dec 31, 2013
Merry Christmas to me. I was lucky enough to find a new Green P4 my local dealer had on order. I immediately put down a deposit and only had to wait a few days for delivery. During those few days three people tried to buy it out from under me. I still needed to buy a new trailer and one guy even offered the dealer cash to let him have it. As you can imagine the dealer was calling me to make sure I definately wanted it.

Attachments

• Honda Pioneer SxS.JPG
    Honda Pioneer SxS.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 1,983
  • IMG_1429 (1024x768).jpg
    IMG_1429 (1024x768).jpg
    683.2 KB · Views: 665
  • IMG_1440 (1024x768).jpg
    IMG_1440 (1024x768).jpg
    600.4 KB · Views: 632
  • PC280231 (1024x587).jpg
    PC280231 (1024x587).jpg
    539.9 KB · Views: 635
Reactions: 906UP
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year Mschilling.
And welcome to the community.
Some nice pictures you took there. I can tell you are excited as so are we to have a new member. If you haven't been viewing, take some time and browse around. We collected quite a collection of pioneer info.
Happy trails.

2thpir8

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2013
NC
What size trailer did you go with M?

M

Mschilling

Dec 31, 2013
I was torn between a 6X10 and 6X12. Both would fit the P4 but the 10 would have fit better in my storage unit. I ended up buying a custom 6X11 that a customer returned for 12. It was designed for a storage box to mount to the front, which I plan to do. The 6X11 is perfect for my needs.

F

farmer700

Dec 7, 2013
See you had a good Christmas. I wished Santa was this good to me... maybe I been bad. Lol

jrplaza2008

jrplaza2008

Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jan 9, 2014
Richmond, TX
Hi Friends!

I'm also a New owner of Honda Pioneer and I am very happy. But here is the thing:

Mi wife want it to go around the neighborhood, playgrounds with the kids and so on...
and I want it for a muddy adventure. So I have a question I'm trying the have this vehicle street legal here in Texas. Is anyone that you know that already have this done? because I been calling to the TXDMV & TXDOT and looks like if I have all the street legal things like blinkers, horn, mirrors e insurance I can make this Vehicle street legal. The Title it says Motorcycle. I know I should been doing this research before but this ATV was so nice that I can't let it go, it have only 4 miles on in it, i bow it on Dec 18 so Mschiling looks like Santa had two one for you one for me this Christmas ;) je je je.

Well Friends Like I said I'm excited and Hope I can learn a lot from you guys! I need an advice in the street legal thing to have the wife Happy. :)

Walter

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    159.7 KB · Views: 559
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
bigc said:
welcome to the site from what i read atv's and utv's cannot be driven on public roads http://txdmv.gov/motorists/buying-or-se ... y-vehicles
Well, That's a bummer. I know we all wished we could drive them on the roads. I do.
Oh, unless you are a farmer or a rancher traveling no more than 25 miles then you may operate your SxS on the road.

Now this has me doing research on my state laws.
I have found that in NC you may operate your all-terrain vehicle on public roadways if you are engaged in farming, hunting or trapping. So, I do believe Coyote season is open year round.. lol :D

Officer be like - where's your camo.
I be like - wheres your camo

Oh. And welcome to the community Walter.

advertisement
jrplaza2008

jrplaza2008

Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jan 9, 2014
Richmond, TX
Ok Friends, thank you for your reply's and thank you for the welcoming, is kind of frustrating no to find the right way to do this. I found a guy in forth worth who says he service UTV's and so far he has seen more than 6 street legal with inspection plates and everything and his shop. https://abffabrication.com/street-legal-utv-in-texas/
But when I try to do what he advice to do in his website well the tax collector office refuse to change the tile because de MCO (Manufacture certificate Origin) of the Pioneer it says MV for "Recreational off-road Vehicle" and that is the big time wall that stop the whole process. I have the vehicle inspected, I have it totally street legal with light mirrors etc.., Insurance but the Tax collector office don't let me do it. OK guys I will keep looking but if I find the loop of this I'll let you guys know. Mil Thanks!!!

H

heightstonian713

Aug 16, 2021
Houston
Ownership

1. 500
Ok Friends, thank you for your reply's and thank you for the welcoming, is kind of frustrating no to find the right way to do this. I found a guy in forth worth who says he service UTV's and so far he has seen more than 6 street legal with inspection plates and everything and his shop. https://abffabrication.com/street-legal-utv-in-texas/
But when I try to do what he advice to do in his website well the tax collector office refuse to change the tile because de MCO (Manufacture certificate Origin) of the Pioneer it says MV for "Recreational off-road Vehicle" and that is the big time wall that stop the whole process. I have the vehicle inspected, I have it totally street legal with light mirrors etc.., Insurance but the Tax collector office don't let me do it. OK guys I will keep looking but if I find the loop of this I'll let you guys know. Mil Thanks!!!
There have been recent law changes in Texas regarding this. Did you ever figure it out? I am hoping to make my Pioneer street legal as well and would appreciate any guidance.

Reactions: Smitty335
SILVER_ALERT

SILVER_ALERT

HONDA SXS Club Flounder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 6, 2016
Route 66 Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 500
😂 This is 7 years old 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂
Thank you so much for clearing that up. I have been staring at this thread for a while wondering the same thing. Being an outpatient of the Cuckoo’s Nest, I thought maybe I was having a relapse. 🤪

Now I don't have to PM Smitty for a second opinion.

Mudwing

Mudwing

Lifetime Member
Jul 9, 2017
The Mud holes
Ownership

1. 700-4
Welcome from the deepest, dankest, darkest oldest mud holes of WNY. You haven’t been back since Christ was a foot soldier. Probably still driving that solid 7hundo. 😎🤣
#NTC😉

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!