Corona1

Corona1

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2016
The Land of Cheese
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hello all.
New owner from Wisconsin. Thank you everyone for a fantastic site, it nudged me off the fence and into a P1k-5. It was never really a question as to brand of sxs (we are a Honda family) but I did shop all of them.
We are looking forward to trail riding in one machine and my son and I are excited about a fun winter build. Doing the normal bolt-on's - windshield, roof, rear panel, winch and plow. Also have a few creative custom projects lined up. Bonding time
I will post pics and start a build thread as soon as we get started.

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome aboard... the p1k is a great family machine . You won't be disappointed. And lastly we gots to have them pics.

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Welcome from Texas

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Reactions: Corona1
Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hello all.
New owner from Wisconsin. Thank you everyone for a fantastic site, it nudged me off the fence and into a P1k-5. It was never really a question as to brand of sxs (we are a Honda family) but I did shop all of them.
We are looking forward to trail riding in one machine and my son and I are excited about a fun winter build. Doing the normal bolt-on's - windshield, roof, rear panel, winch and plow. Also have a few creative custom projects lined up. Bonding time
I will post pics and start a build thread as soon as we get started.
welcome . Where in wisconsin are you from? I'm in janesville

moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome from Eau Claire County! I'm driving through Hudson as we speak. Come on down to my neck of the woods and @Plumber32 can show you how to properly flog these awesome machines!

Reactions: Plumber32
Corona1

Corona1

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2016
The Land of Cheese
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome from Eau Claire County! I'm driving through Hudson as we speak. Come on down to my neck of the woods and @Plumber32 can show you how to properly flog these awesome machines!

We head to Eau Claire quite often. I will take you up on your offer once I get thru a very busy hunting season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

advertisement
sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome from Nashville

Reactions: Corona1
Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
A little jealous. We have to trailer to get to any trails.

I trailer 200+ miles pretty much anytime I want to go riding

Reactions: sharp
Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That is dedication. Are there no trails in southern WI?

One in monroe but it's a rail trail with zero bumps or mud. straight line for 100 miles 30 mph limit. once a year I go there because the kids like it. But I'll jump in the truck and head to Hurley in a heartbeat .

Corona1

Corona1

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2016
The Land of Cheese
Ownership

1. 1000-5
One in monroe but it's a rail trail with zero bumps or mud. straight line for 100 miles 30 mph limit. once a year I go there because the kids like it. But I'll jump in the truck and head to Hurley in a heartbeat .

I just read they have winter riding in that area. We ski in UP every winter, might be a good excuse to double up and ski/ trail ride.
Any winter experience there?

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
not in the hurley area for winter. we went just outside of Spooner last year. they were really good winter trails . blackriver trails will be open to sxs this winter. Alot of years hurley gets so much snow I'm not sure you could get anywhere . I asked the dealer up there he said you can ride some of the trails but it doesn't go over well with the sled crowd. I think mainly because we're so big and slow and there cruising at 70 mph .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Corona1

Corona1

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2016
The Land of Cheese
Ownership

1. 1000-5
not in the hurley area for winter. we went just outside of Spooner last year. they were really good winter trails . blackriver trails will be open to sxs this winter. Alot of years hurley gets so much snow I'm not sure you could get anywhere . I asked the dealer up there he said you can ride some of the trails but it doesn't go over well with the sled crowd. I think mainly because we're so big and slow and there cruising at 70 mph .

[/QUOTE]

I assumed it was separate trails. So you ride same trails as sleds? I could see that angering the sled crowd.
My winter riding has been limited to plowing and pulling the ice shack out on early ice. Zero trail riding in winter. But like the idea.

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5

I assumed it was separate trails. So you ride same trails as sleds? I could see that angering the sled crowd.
My winter riding has been limited to plowing and pulling the ice shack out on early ice. Zero trail riding in winter. But like the idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]
Some up there are sled only and some are both. sometimes they can get a couple feet of snow overnight . 2 years back they got 60" in 2 days!

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!