P500 New Glass Windshield on a plastic windsheild frame.

chrisC

chrisC

Lifetime Member
Jul 4, 2015
Newfoundland, Canada
Ownership

1. 500
Id recommend "Hardcoat" in whatever windshield you get. 2 hard years on mine with a lot of brush busting and no scratches. I work with lexan/acrylic almost every day .....that hardcoat is amazing

Reactions: Mudder and R-Lamm
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Id recommend "Hardcoat" in whatever windshield you get. 2 hard years on mine with a lot of brush busting and no scratches. I work with lexan/acrylic almost every day .....that hardcoat is amazing
Totally agreed, worth the extra $$$

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500

That Super ATV one is supposed to be coated on both sides, looks thick too.

Reactions: chrisC and R-Lamm
R-Lamm

R-Lamm

Lifetime Member
Sep 27, 2017
South Carolina
Ownership

1. 500
That Super ATV one is supposed to be coated on both sides, looks thick too.
That is the one I got...and just like others recommend...well worth the extra $! Thickness is good as well. I am one that has to unfortunately have to travel a little distance to ride and this windshield has help up great under traveling as well!

Reactions: trigger
sam3006

sam3006

Dec 28, 2014
Damascus, AR
Ownership

1. 500
OK, a 2 year update. The glass windshield has been to Colorado for 2 weeks last year with temperatures in the low teens and Arkansas summers of up to 105. Lots of rough miles and high speed trailering and the glue is still holding perfectly. The windshield glass has not moved at all. At this point I'm going to call it good and feel confident in saying this will work.

Last edited:
Buford

Buford

May 9, 2016
U.S.A.
In New Zealand Honda offers an accessory glass windshield and an electric wiper for the 500, along with a standard "tip" bed. In fact they have several cool accessories available that for some reason we don't have here.

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Wonder if a laminated glass can be drilled, then use those $8 OEM ROPS clamps with rubber grommets? Just thinking of a piece above a 1/2 windshield during winter. Easier than seasonal switching between full and 1/2.

Shadesmn

Shadesmn

Lifetime Member
Aug 19, 2015
Ramsey, MN
Ownership

1. 500
Wonder if a laminated glass can be drilled, then use those $8 OEM ROPS clamps with rubber grommets? Just thinking of a piece above a 1/2 windshield during winter. Easier than seasonal switching between full and 1/2.
Lami can be drilled, its tricky though. If the glass is drilled from just one side the laminate can get "caught" on the bit and sort of pull and deform around the hole. Wont really hurt it too much structurally more cosmetically. So clamps would likely cover the blemish. Otherwise you have to drill from one side then flip it over and drill the other side. Its tedious but doable. I've made a couple suspended shelves with it in the past so the two sided drilling was required so they didn't look bad.

Reactions: Mudder and Chooglin
sam3006

sam3006

Dec 28, 2014
Damascus, AR
Ownership

1. 500
IMG 1222

4 years now since I started this and the windshield is still good, glue has held through yearly trips to Colorado and all the bumps and limbs here in Arkansas. Temps from near 0 to 105 degrees. There has been absolutely no movement in the windshield glass glued to the plastic windshield.

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
View attachment 230019

4 years now since I started this and the windshield is still good, glue has held through yearly trips to Colorado and all the bumps and limbs here in Arkansas. Temps from near 0 to 105 degrees. There has been absolutely no movement in the windshield glass glued to the plastic windshield.
Thanks for the update. Curious what a driver’s view pic looks like.

Reactions: Mudwing and J80

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!