New member from New Braunfels, TX

B

BigBendExplorer

Jan 30, 2022
New Braunfels, TX
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Purchased my 2021 Pioneer 1000-5 in February and haven't regretted it for one second. This was my first UTV and after researching all the available brands, I chose Honda. I'm not the most mechanically inclined but this site has been invaluable in assisting me with wiring up some of my accessories. Enough talk and on to the photos of my mods.

First purchase was the Ranch Armor roof and bumper. They are located about 30 minutes from me so it was a no-brainer. The bumper came with the rear back up lights, and they're stupid bright.

Next was the dual battery set-up. I mounted two fuse blocks, one for key-on power, and one as constant power. I had seen various locations as mounting options but I chose to just mount the first fuse block to the battery using Velcro. So far it has been very steady. If anyone knows of an issue with this, please advise.

Next was the Ecoxgear soundbar that I purchased from Rough Country. This thing is great and the lighting options are an added bonus. I wanted to mount some sort of dome light, but the sound bar now doubles as an interior light.

Windshield.

And I know there are lots of great switch panels but for now I just removed the factory warning label and used a razor knife to cut slots for my current switches and a hole saw to make the cut for the dual volt meter.

And my most recent upgrade, was the Seizmik Pursuit mirrors. These things are a game changer once you get off-road. Having the ability to see what's beside you while off-road makes all the difference in the world.

And almost forgot, I added the underseat heat shield.

As for what's next, I would like to explore the options for a bed extender. If anyone has recommendations it would be appreciated.

20220905 144019 20220905 145731 20220905 145808 20220905 145841 20220905 145954 20220905 145555 20220905 145720

Last edited:
S

SaltwaterSlick

Jul 20, 2022
Southeast Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome from SE Texas!!
Nice ride sir! You've come to the right place to learn all the many, many ways to spend money upgrading your Pioneer! Mine has never seen a "trail", but I'm trail ready now!! This time last year, if anyone would have suggest to me that I'd be spending $1,600+ on shock absorbers, I'd a tole 'em they wuz Krazy!!

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Purchased my 2021 Pioneer 1000-5 in February and haven't regretted it for one second. This was my first UTV and after researching all the available brands, I chose Honda. I'm not the most mechanically inclined but this site has been invaluable in assisting me with wiring up some of my accessories. Enough talk and on to the photos of my mods.

First purchase was the Ranch Armor roof and bumper. They are located about 30 minutes from me so it was a no-brainer. The bumper came with the rear back up lights, and they're stupid bright.

Next was the dual battery set-up. I mounted two fuse blocks, one for key-on power, and one as constant power. I had seen various locations as mounting options but I chose to just mount the first fuse block to the battery using Velcro. So far it has been very steady. If anyone knows of an issue with this, please advise.

Next was the Ecoxgear soundbar that I purchased. This thing is great and the lighting options are an added bonus. I wanted to mount some sort of dome light, but the sound bar now doubles as an interior light.

Windshield.

And I know there are lots of great switch panels but for now I just removed the factory warning label and used a razor knife to cut slots for my current switches and a hole saw to make the cut for the dual volt meter.

And my most recent upgrade, was the Seizmik Pursuit mirrors. These things are a game changer once you get off-road. Having the ability to see what's beside you while off-road makes all the difference in the world.

As for what's next, I would like to explore the options for a bed extender. If anyone has recommendations it would be appreciated.

View attachment 352425 View attachment 352426 View attachment 352428 View attachment 352429 View attachment 352430 View attachment 352442 View attachment 352443
Welcome from NW Arkansas! Looks great!

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Welcome from da U.P. of Michigan. I've been through NB a few times when we lived in TX. Mom still lives in Corpus.
Happy 906 Day

Buggyman

Buggyman

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 3, 2020
ne. ohio
Ownership

1. 700-2

Next was the Ecoxgear soundbar that I purchased from Rough Country. This thing is great and the lighting options are an added bonus. I wanted to mount some sort of dome light, but the sound bar now doubles as an interior light.

Windshield.

View attachment 352425 View attachment 352426 View attachment 352428 View attachment 352429 View attachment 352430 View attachment 352442 View attachment 352443
welcome from Ohio

B

BigBendExplorer

Jan 30, 2022
New Braunfels, TX
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome to the forum. Which one did you put in and how's it working?
The one from Design Engineering. It certainly helped cool the front seat but you can still feel a lot of heat coming up from behind the seat in between the bed. We have very long and hot summers here so I'm considering the fan option as well to help vent the heat out the bottom.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!