New member from Tryon, NC. Soon to be new P1K5 Trail owner...

ODAMO

ODAMO

Oct 12, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
😳 I would have bet money it was Trail color and decals. Oops.

I agree. We rarely had our 700 in Diff lock, and that was just as a precaution. Doubt it was ever even needed. But we are also fairly tame riders.

The 1000 goes much better than the 700 as well.
I had a jeep with BLD (basically the same as I4WD) and would go alot of places that a locked jeep could go. These systems use some of the available torque to transfer power, on the jeep I think it was more of a detriment because of the generally low torque output. The Pioneer has a better Torque to Weight ratio so it would probably be less noticeable

messex

messex

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 1, 2024
Tryon, NC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Congrats and welcome to Pioneer 1000-5 ownership! Best of luck keeping cash in the wallet with all the upgrade options out there lol
Thanks - been reading up on GPS/Tablet setups - there's another few hundred I can see going up in smoke!

messex

messex

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 1, 2024
Tryon, NC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So I guess it has started. Don't have my ride yet but already placing orders. SuperATV rear bumper and skid plate. Also ordered Honda tailgate American flag letters from the vinyl creator. I hope the ride shows up soon!

NorthernJoe

NorthernJoe

Feb 10, 2021
Northern Ontario
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yeah, I was originally a little concerned about the i4wd. Read a long review about it here that helped ease my mind. So far it’s been flawless and the steering is very light while it’s engaged. I do wish they had another selection for full diff lock beyond the i4wd but so far hasn’t been an issue. Not that it’s needed, but I think that would please a lot of people.

Something we learned though, it won’t go into 4wd until 2wd is fully engaged. So we no longer leave it in turf mode when things are starting to get rough.

The learning story: running in turf and got into a bit of a hole. Figured I’d stop and throw it in 4wd before continuing on. Nope, would not activate. Went right through in turf with plenty of throttle but made me start playing with the system. It will go right in 4 once in 2, but 2 can take some turning to lock. Therefore we now go to 2wd before it gets too sketchy.

Messex, I’m still learning the forum so not sure how to add a multi quote yet. 🤦‍♂️😂
You do lose front diff lock, but the i4wd takes its place. Works like a modern car’s traction control. No heavy steering. Can drive for miles with it engaged if you want unlike the diff lock. I’ve seen some i4wd bypass devices being sold but I’m not sure exactly what they do. We haven’t had any occasion where I said “man if only we had diff lock.”
These things go so well even in turf mode. Early on I challenged through some fairly muddy trails while leaving it in single wheel just to see what it would do.
I never put the tracks on this winter because of the lack of snow. I found that when it did snow and I gut stuck that putting into low made both front tires spin. When backing out of the snow drift with both tires spinning you could see a double rooster tail. Has anybody had the same thing happen?

Todd627

Todd627

HondaSxS Club Stress Management Director
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 4, 2018
MI
Another welcome from The Great Lakes State. Not to be confused with being a great state though. Unless you are a commie, then you will love it here.

#NTC

Ridinfool

Ridinfool

NTC’ s special Ed student of the year
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 20, 2020
Western North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@messex welcome from the thriving metropolis of Robbinsville NC (bout an hour west and north of you) hope you get hooked up soon .
Also keep an eye out on the home page for upcoming group rides,
June 1 weekend is the Take Over lots of forum members there.
Also end of September beginning of October is the MOM ride less members but just as fun.
Both those rides happen at Ride Royal Blue in Pioneer TN. about 35 miles north of Knoxville on I 75.
Don’t worry about lack of experience (if applicable)
Lots of great people to help you out.
Best of luck and can’t wait to see pics

messex

messex

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 1, 2024
Tryon, NC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@messex welcome from the thriving metropolis of Robbinsville NC (bout an hour west and north of you) hope you get hooked up soon .
Also keep an eye out on the home page for upcoming group rides,
June 1 weekend is the Take Over lots of forum members there.
Also end of September beginning of October is the MOM ride less members but just as fun.
Both those rides happen at Ride Royal Blue in Pioneer TN. about 35 miles north of Knoxville on I 75.
Don’t worry about lack of experience (if applicable)
Lots of great people to help you out.
Best of luck and can’t wait to see pics
Thanks for the details. Does Robbinsville have an outfitter on the River? Seems like I've been there, though been a while. I've definitely camped on Lake Santeetlah a couple of times!

I saw the Take Over event, but since I've never had an SxS, (and still don't just yet), I figured that might be early to commit. However, the October event might be interesting, especially if lack of experience isn't completely frowned upon (Note to self - Add trailer to the list...)! I've seen some of the videos in the forum and I'm like 'holy crap, how did they get through that area'...hahaha. That's when I decided I'm going to need the upgraded Skid Plates!

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks for the details. Does Robbinsville have an outfitter on the River? Seems like I've been there, though been a while. I've definitely camped on Lake Santeetlah a couple of times!

I saw the Take Over event, but since I've never had an SxS, (and still don't just yet), I figured that might be early to commit. However, the October event might be interesting, especially if lack of experience isn't completely frowned upon (Note to self - Add trailer to the list...)! I've seen some of the videos in the forum and I'm like 'holy crap, how did they get through that area'...hahaha. That's when I decided I'm going to need the upgraded Skid Plates!
Plenty of trails that aren’t as difficult as the videos….however no one watches 100 mile scenic trail ride compared to the 30 second clip of a rollover on a purposely sought out difficult spot.

Nature of the beast. Don’t let it scare you.

Ridinfool

Ridinfool

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 20, 2020
Western North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5

No outfitters in Rville but you might be thinking of NOC (Nantahala Outdoor Center)
If you can make the MOM ride you will have a great time. We normally put up the announcement right after the Take Over is done.

messex

messex

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 1, 2024
Tryon, NC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Plenty of trails that aren’t as difficult as the videos….however no one watches 100 mile scenic trail ride compared to the 30 second clip of a rollover on a purposely sought out difficult spot.

Nature of the beast. Don’t let it scare you.
What I did think was - No way I'm going 'solo' on something like that. Just watching people directing (and sometimes holding up) machines while they make it through a difficult spot, convinced me of that!

Ridinfool

Ridinfool

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 20, 2020
Western North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What I did think was - No way I'm going 'solo' on something like that. Just watching people directing (and sometimes holding up) machines while they make it through a difficult spot, convinced me of that!
I am by no means an “off road expert “ but I can definitely say that there are a lot of great experienced people there that get you through those tough spots. It will definitely be an eye opening experience for you and your machine and its capabilities.

messex

messex

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 1, 2024
Tryon, NC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well, contrary to some believing it would happen (including myself), my 2024 Trail Edition has arrived, by the end of the month as they said! And, it is the Matte Forged Bronze. Now, let's see if I can figure out how to attach some pictures and update my Profile picture! More pictures to come as I get it out and about, but here are the first few.

Pioneer Delivery
Pioneer Side

Pioneer Front

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Buggyman

Buggyman

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 3, 2020
ne. ohio
Ownership

1. 700-2
Well, contrary to some believing it would happen (including myself), my 2024 Trail Edition has arrived, by the end of the month as they said! And, it is the Matte Forged Bronze. Now, let's see if I can figure out how to attach some pictures and update my Profile picture! More pictures to come as I get it out and about, but here are the first few.

View attachment 423513View attachment 423514
View attachment 423516
congrats on the new buggy and welcome from Ohio

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!