Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
While I had one on order (refundable deposit), I got to work every day and spent half an hour on ATV Trader. I searched for Pioneer 1000-5 and sorted on the newest ads first. Then I called the top 4-5 to see if the machine that they just listed was already spoken for or available.

Found 3 or 4 the first week, but they were half way across the country (I was actually close to driving from MI to VT for an SE).

The second week, I found exactly what I was looking for - it was only an hour away and had literally just been delivered the day before!

Don't just sit around waiting for a UTV to find you - put in the effort and you'll likely find one soon!

Good luck!

J

Jhall244

Supporting Member
Apr 18, 2023
NE ohio
Ownership

1. Talon X
I have a deposit on this 1 right now at a dealership only 10 minutes from my house. When I put the deposit down no one withon 150mi (according to atv trader) had a 1000x. Crossing my fingers it going to come in next week

ODAMO

ODAMO

Oct 12, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I have a deposit on this 1 right now at a dealership only 10 minutes from my house. When I put the deposit down no one withon 150mi (according to atv trader) had a 1000x. Crossing my fingers it going to come in next week
Good luck. Consider the anticipation to be foreplay for when you actually get to consummate your Talon relationship.;)

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
When I put the deposit down no one withon 150mi (according to atv trader) had a 1000x
Got to expand that milage further, cuz there is prob one 152 miles away. A deposit with a dealer is just a hook line and sinker so they have you with hopes your not smart and go someplace else. They really dont spot one for you. Your just another name on there list no matter how close to there shop you live at.
Have u considered a nice used one? Thats how i got mine. It will save u some cabbage and will have mods on it. Heres one from one of our members. Not too bad a drive and worth the trip imo

Also pro tip: hit “reply” when responding to a members post then type your answer under it, otherwise they may never see that you responded ;)

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
A deposit with a dealer is just a hook line and sinker so they have you with hopes your not smart and go someplace else. They really dont spot one for you. Your just another name on there list no matter how close to there shop you live at.
He's right, @Jhall244.

Here is an old post I made that includes an explanation of how the "ordering" process works for most powersport type vehicles:

J

Jhall244

Supporting Member
Apr 18, 2023
NE ohio
Ownership

1. Talon X
Got to expand that milage further, cuz there is prob one 152 miles away. A deposit with a dealer is just a hook line and sinker so they have you with hopes your not smart and go someplace else. They really dont spot one for you. Your just another name on there list no matter how close to there shop you live at.
Have u considered a nice used one? Thats how i got mine. It will save u some cabbage and will have mods on it. Heres one from one of our members. Not too bad a drive and worth the trip imo

Also pro tip: hit “reply” when responding to a members post then type your answer under it, otherwise they may never see that you responded ;)
That’s a nice machine. It has to be a x so it fits in my toy hauler. There’s quite a few R models around but not many X. And hopefully that’s not the dealer experience I’m getting. I didn’t order it, supposedly it was a machine already on order and coming in and I just happened to throw my name on it. I did discuss with the salesman that I have a long trip planned in mid may and would like to have the machine with enough time to put some break in miles and a fluid change before that. He reassured me that it would be in well before then

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
I didn’t order it, supposedly it was a machine already on order and coming in and I just happened to throw my name on it

That's what "ordering" one entails. You get put on a list. At the dealership. You're not putting a deposit on a specific vehicle (i.e., VIN). Then you wait/hope for one to show up. Because even the dealers don't know when something will arrive. They order in big blocks of vehicles once or twice a year, and Honda decides when they ship something to someone. There are estimated ship dates from the mfg, but nothing is set in stone. There are some on here who waited for almost a year after putting down a deposit, with thier salesperson telling them each month the machine was promised, "Nope, maybe next month." Did you read my linked post? That's why you should still be calling around and not just waiting.

Hope your experience waiting is short and you get one ASAP.

Last edited:
J

Jhall244

Supporting Member
Apr 18, 2023
NE ohio
Ownership

1. Talon X
That's what "ordering" one entails. You get put on a list. At the dealership. You're not putting a deposit on a specific vehicle (i.e., VIN). Then you wait/hope for one to show up. Because even the dealers don't know when something will arrive. They order in big blocks of vehicles once or twice a year, and Honda decides when they ship something to someone. There are estimated ship dates from the mfg, but nothing is set in stone. There are some on here who waited for almost a year after putting down a deposit, with thier salesperson telling them each month the machine was promised, "Nope, maybe next month." Did you read my linked post? That's why you should still be calling around and not just waiting.

Hope your experience waiting is short and you get one ASAP.
well, unfortunately you were right. I called today as today was the 2nd date they gave me to get it and the dealership said that it has a new possible ship date of may 17th. I have been making phone calls all afternoon and found 1 2022 1000x about 3 hours away but I don't know when I'll be able to make the trip

Rocksteady2246

Rocksteady2246

Mar 25, 2023
Ohio
Ownership

1. Looking to buy

2. 1000-5
Welcome, I just joined the forum after buying a Pioneer 1000-5 last week. I sold my RZR. I'm close to Middlefield (by Nelson Ledges) and considered buying from Just For Fun but they wouldn't really call me back. I had good luck with Ghollans Honda in Warren. Do you happen to know any good trails in the area? I'm from Trumbull County originally

Buggyman

Buggyman

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 3, 2020
ne. ohio
Ownership

1. 700-2
Welcome, I just joined the forum after buying a Pioneer 1000-5 last week. I sold my RZR. I'm close to Middlefield (by Nelson Ledges) and considered buying from Just For Fun but they wouldn't really call me back. I had good luck with Ghollans Honda in Warren. Do you happen to know any good trails in the area? I'm from Trumbull County originally
Not much around here other than H&M in WV.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!