New model announcement on Thursday June 11th

C

catman

Mar 4, 2013
Looks like honda is a little confused,bucket seats onboard generator wait a minute maybe this might truly be a sport utility, looks like they druged up the bedsides from the big red even for this new machine, things are looking bleek to me, but i'll wait and see to give them a fair chance!!!! Ater an enlarged look and a little more study thing looks scarly like a rehased big red all they way round, please say it isn't so!!!!

Last edited:
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Looks like they considered going after Polaris on more fronts than one, polaris has a diesel model that takes a crew and replaces the rear seats with an industrial Hydraulic/AIR/Genset. Kinda nifty honestly.

Honda has the long term reputation, and I tell you what theres no way I'd ever fly in a "Polaris Jet"

H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
Couple more days. If there is no sport model. I may keep my 2011 RZR 900 for another 5,000 miles. I'm doing the 10,000 mile service now. I just hate to work on it. I may buy the 3 cylinder Yamaha with paddle shifters due to be in the showrooms in late September. Just too old to wait on Honda but they will have at least 2 sport models in the future. They will need at least 3 or 4 to complete with Polaris. I expect a supercharged model for the high hp high end sport model.

Reactions: chris68 and catman
jak9922

jak9922

hot headed wopolock
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2015
pittstown ny
have you ever seen any Honda with factory forced induction ????

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Actually Acura had an RDX Turbo, it was quick but had a lot of turbo lag for normal driving, I had one as a loaner once when my TL needed bodywork. I think I read the they moved/plan the motor to the Civic "R" or whatever it's called.

jak9922

jak9922

hot headed wopolock
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2015
pittstown ny
I like that civic but something about that bike is really really cool

C

catman

Mar 4, 2013
Looks like they considered going after Polaris on more fronts than one, polaris has a diesel model that takes a crew and replaces the rear seats with an industrial Hydraulic/AIR/Genset. Kinda nifty honestly.

Honda has the long term reputation, and I tell you what theres no way I'd ever fly in a "Polaris Jet"
Sad part is we are sitting here waiting for HONDA to build machines that polaris allready builds, and are 2 generations ahead of honda in the sxs market development, and you may not fly in a polaris jet that's you'r choice but i can honestly say my ranger xp 900 was the nicest sxs i've owned. And i'am not saying it was the best mechanicaly or build quality or anything like that, but what it did have was the smoothest, quietest riding experiance ever in a sxs not to mention the vast array of different accesories that no other oem can match!!!! and i thought it had very good build quality IMO!!!

jak9922

jak9922

hot headed wopolock
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2015
pittstown ny
that's almost like saying I cant wait for Polaris to come out with a 2 stroke dirt bike lol only 30 years behind Honda look Yamaha made the sxs mainstream with the rhino but with everyone sue crazy these days ppl drove it like a race car rolled them and sued Yamaha which scared off the big 3 and Polaris and can am picked up the ball and ran with it now the big 3 are playing it safe taking their time and building better safer sxs

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Sad part is we are sitting here waiting for HONDA to build machines that polaris allready builds, and are 2 generations ahead of honda in the sxs market development, and you may not fly in a polaris jet that's you'r choice but i can honestly say my ranger xp 900 was the nicest sxs i've owned. And i'am not saying it was the best mechanicaly or build quality or anything like that, but what it did have was the smoothest, quietest riding experiance ever in a sxs not to mention the vast array of different accesories that no other oem can match!!!! and i thought it had very good build quality IMO!!!

This is an OLD design, assume Honda has considered building certain machines over the years but not always built them because the ROI was not what they wanted it to be. This patent application may have actually given Polaris the idea, we will never know. Polaris made the smart decision to go after military contracts where machines like this would be beneficial.

Hondas development time is bound to be longer than Polaris, because they don't just throw something at the market and hope it doesn't fail or using Microsofts business model of beta testing via product release, and patching as they go.

I have yet to have any of my Honda products I've ever owned, have a major malfunction or leave me stranded anywhere.

While I might be able to ride a Polaris and walk back, I'd never want to fly in a Polaris and fall back.

Last edited:
chancesemar89

chancesemar89

Apr 3, 2014
louisiana
Polaris is a good machine only down fall is that belt drive and reverse chain. My buddy has a rzr xp1k blew the reverse chain with factory tires. Now we all just need to wait and see what honda announces tomorrow morning. I really hope it's something that we all been waiting for.

Reactions: Hondasxs
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Why can't today be tomorrow? Man I'm itching. Lol.
Have not confirmed if big H will release a utility, a sport, or multiple units! Whichever, your going to love it.

Think I'm going to go to bed now so it will be tomorrow quicker.

C

catman

Mar 4, 2013
Guys, i'am a huge HONDA fan from way back in the mid 70s, owning there dirt bikes 3 wheelers, and 4 wheelers all along, but yes they were caught up in all the lawsuits and such too and surely slowed developement of the lineups, but must give polaris credit they are the reason other oems are starting to respond. Hopefully tomorrow will usher in the old honda with some more choices and innovations, i have never wavered on there quality and probably never will!!!!

Reactions: ohanacreek
chancesemar89

chancesemar89

Apr 3, 2014
louisiana
Why can't today be tomorrow? Man I'm itching. Lol.
Have not confirmed if big H will release a utility, a sport, or multiple units! Whichever, your going to love it.

Think I'm going to go to bed now so it will be tomorrow quicker.
Yes . Today needs to be tomorrow. They need to release a picture of the side x side or side x sides, with covers on them. Like they did with the pioneer 500. To get us a little teaser. Honda please make a come back

Reactions: catman
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Polaris is a good machine only down fall is that belt drive and reverse chain. My buddy has a rzr xp1k blew the reverse chain with factory tires. Now we all just need to wait and see what honda announces tomorrow morning. I really hope it's something that we all been waiting for.

Their machines have been getting better and I assume that is a motivating factor for Honda to get off their butts.

However, that reverse chain is TINY for that much power. The HighLifter edition actually says it upgrades the chain.

I would like to take a Can-Am turbo apart and look at the CVT on it.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yes . Today needs to be tomorrow. They need to release a picture of the side x side or side x sides, with covers on them. Like they did with the pioneer 500. To get us a little teaser. Honda please make a come back

They are releasing the Teaser .... tonight at midnight Pacific Time...

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!