New NC Street Legal Law Going into Effect Oct 2021

C

ctu5000

Feb 21, 2018
Western NC/Upstate SC
Ownership

1. 700-4
Hello there...
Has anyone dug into the requirements of the new NC law for making SxS's street legal in NC that is going into effect Oct 2021? I'm trying to get my ducks in a row. I think I have a pretty good grasp of what's required, but a question came to mind regarding the windshield/wiper requirement.

Specifically, the requirements state that you must have a windshield and wiper (unless everyone is wearing a helmet). I did not see a requirement that the wiper be a motorized type as opposed to a manual wiper. Does anyone know with certainty that a manual wiper will satisfy the requirement?

Thanks in advance...

Reactions: TxDoc
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Does anyone know with certainty that a manual wiper will satisfy the requirement?
Not sure.
I was just going to install a manual one and see what they said.
But I hate to cut a hole then have to cut a second one.

anyways.
I have actually decided to hold off on my street legal adventure as I want to pick up a new 2022 machine.
But I will be following closley.

Reactions: Mudwing
C

ctu5000

Feb 21, 2018
Western NC/Upstate SC
Ownership

1. 700-4
Not sure.
I was just going to install a manual one and see what they said.
But I hate to cut a hole then have to cut a second one.

anyways.
I have actually decided to hold off on my street legal adventure as I want to pick up a new 2022 machine.
But I will be following closley.
Hey, thanks for the input. I’m hoping to get by with a manual one.
BTW, any advice/recommendations on adding turn signals?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!