P1000 New owner MUST DO mods

PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just re-did one of my earliest, most appreciated mods... I re-wrapped the door latch striker bars with gorilla tape... also wrapped the striker bars for the bed. Not only does it eliminate most of the rattles and squeaks, but also gives the doors that nice Lexus thud when you close them, rather than the Pinto rattles...

quickfish

quickfish

Sep 14, 2016
Kent, WA
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I just re-did one of my earliest, most appreciated mods... I re-wrapped the door latch striker bars with gorilla tape... also wrapped the striker bars for the bed. Not only does it eliminate most of the rattles and squeaks, but also gives the doors that nice Lexus thud when you close them, rather than the Pinto rattles...
Can u take a photo of what part exactly u taped? Thanks, That sounds like one of the best things I heard so far!

snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Can u take a photo of what part exactly u taped? Thanks, That sounds like one of the best things I heard so far!
Wrap the U hook that the door striker hits. You would wrap the bottom of the U. Just need about 2-3 full wraps. Probably about 3/4" wide tape. You'll see a wear groove in it after closing the door a few times. I kept messing with my right rear door thinking it was making noise and turned out to b the right bed U hook needing adjusting on the 5 seater.

OnTheJob

OnTheJob

Dec 29, 2017
Bristol, NY
Ownership

1. 1000-3
One of my favorite parts of this forum: When you want to post up a question, it shows you possible answers so you don't look as much of a nob. Dreaming of my delivery tomorrow, I am already thinking of mods. My search through the forum show me some really great ones. These are my top ones living in snowy upstate NY;

1. Stock Honda roof, I like that it's plastic because of the thick foliage I may traverse,
2. Stock Honda glass windshield because I believe I may full enclose the cabin and add a windshield wiper.
3. Switch plate, stock or aftermarket?
4. Winch. Undecided

After that??? fully enclose cabin, heat, plow, front bumper bar, LED lighting, skid plates, Camoplast tracks?

J

JTW

One of my favorite parts of this forum: When you want to post up a question, it shows you possible answers so you don't look as much of a nob. Dreaming of my delivery tomorrow, I am already thinking of mods. My search through the forum show me some really great ones. These are my top ones living in snowy upstate NY;

1. Stock Honda roof, I like that it's plastic because of the thick foliage I may traverse,
2. Stock Honda glass windshield because I believe I may full enclose the cabin and add a windshield wiper.
3. Switch plate, stock or aftermarket?
4. Winch. Undecided

After that??? fully enclose cabin, heat, plow, front bumper bar, LED lighting, skid plates, Camoplast tracks?
I would put skids a little higher on the list.
@mystic1219 is your guy for just a switch plate... otrattw.com for switches... and Superwinch terra 45 does great and can be found for under $200.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!