P1000 new owner of a pioneer 1000-5 finally...

S

sheba4

Jan 5, 2018
mn.
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5

3. Big Red
Haha I can remember SEVERAL times getting my leg sucked in and ripped off the bike. And the wheelie. Oh the wheelies. We had the 200 and 350. I miss them.
yes that can happen, I am glad I am not tall...lol

Koda

Koda

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2016
Canton Ga
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome from North Georgia. We use boats to fish out of here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Mopower58
H

Honda_Dave

Apr 8, 2018
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
finally owner of a pioneer 1000-5 after looking at them over a year and all brands I decided on a Honda...
it was a no brainer since I already own a 1986 big red 250 es, 2013 500 foreman and now the 1000-5
look for pics soon... I have a lot of accessories to get... I had to drive a few hours to get it but south Dakota is not that far... this dealer did not expect to get anymore 2018"s and then they showed up. I just happened to see them on there website... even the salesman did not know they just went on... as I understand they went pretty fast. I think they have one left in yellow. 14995.00 no setup, no, fright charge, no fees at all... 15,200.00 out the door after doc. fee... of course I bought the full hard roof and 2-piece windshield.
Honda sure gets you on the accessories... I always go oem if I can...the rest of the accessories I can order on ebay or amazon, like, winch, led light bar, marine Bluetooth sound system, back up lights, cargo netting, floor mats, bed mat, maybe a rear screen and heater.. I do a lot of ice fishing here in mn. so any accessories I have listed that you can recommend just let me know.. I understand that the Honda oem heaters are just ok? Polaris suv's will cook you out of the cab as I understand it, correct me if I am wrong...
also my 1000-5 has just too many gaps in the door, still better that no heater, I see some users use a bilge blower under the seat to take advantage of engine heat during the winter, and in summer it has a switch reverse the air flow... ok enough rambling on. will gets pics of me catching fish tomorrow..

thanks in advance,
Gary

Which dealer in SD did you go to?

S

sheba4

Jan 5, 2018
mn.
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5

3. Big Red
vern eide moto plex

H

HondaTech

I’d love to see a picture of the Big Red!

Not to hijack his thread, but here's mine!

Cal

Cal

Apr 15, 2018
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome @sheba4 and @Honda_Dave from a fellow Minnesotan.
You asked about more accessories... I hope to add the reverse lights to mine soon, but been busy trying to get my house ready to sell.

If you don't mind me asking, where are you folks located? I'm central MN (Willmar area) and it's always tough to find good public trails around here. Up Nort' is packed with trails, but I only have Meeker and Appleton parks near me. We have several private properties to ride on, but new is always fun.

I hope you love your machine @sheba4 , and I hope you find one @Honda_Dave . I sure love mine!!

Reactions: Smitty335
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
finally owner of a pioneer 1000-5 after looking at them over a year and all brands I decided on a Honda...
it was a no brainer since I already own a 1986 big red 250 es, 2013 500 foreman and now the 1000-5
look for pics soon... I have a lot of accessories to get... I had to drive a few hours to get it but south Dakota is not that far... this dealer did not expect to get anymore 2018"s and then they showed up. I just happened to see them on there website... even the salesman did not know they just went on... as I understand they went pretty fast. I think they have one left in yellow. 14995.00 no setup, no, fright charge, no fees at all... 15,200.00 out the door after doc. fee... of course I bought the full hard roof and 2-piece windshield.
Honda sure gets you on the accessories... I always go oem if I can...the rest of the accessories I can order on ebay or amazon, like, winch, led light bar, marine Bluetooth sound system, back up lights, cargo netting, floor mats, bed mat, maybe a rear screen and heater.. I do a lot of ice fishing here in mn. so any accessories I have listed that you can recommend just let me know.. I understand that the Honda oem heaters are just ok? Polaris suv's will cook you out of the cab as I understand it, correct me if I am wrong...
also my 1000-5 has just too many gaps in the door, still better that no heater, I see some users use a bilge blower under the seat to take advantage of engine heat during the winter, and in summer it has a switch reverse the air flow... ok enough rambling on. will gets pics of me catching fish tomorrow..

thanks in advance,
Gary
Welcome from the warmer place in the US, NW Arkansas, HA!

2018GMC

2018GMC

Nov 26, 2018
AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome from AZ!

Great pics on the ice.

Watch ebay for 10% - 15% off coupons. I have ordered a lot of accessories for my 17 deluxe from ebay with coupon.

Example: All 4 Fox shocks were $1300 shipped after coupon. Dealer wanted $1730 + Tax.

Cal

Cal

Apr 15, 2018
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome @sheba4 and @Honda_Dave from a fellow Minnesotan.
You asked about more accessories... I hope to add the reverse lights to mine soon, but been busy trying to get my house ready to sell.

If you don't mind me asking, where are you folks located? I'm central MN (Willmar area) and it's always tough to find good public trails around here. Up Nort' is packed with trails, but I only have Meeker and Appleton parks near me. We have several private properties to ride on, but new is always fun.

I hope you love your machine @sheba4 , and I hope you find one @Honda_Dave . I sure love mine!!
I reread my post and thought I should clarify, I'm not asking to ride on anyones' private land, just looking for more areas to legally ride in MN in general.

Hope to see you on the trails!

MMW

MMW

Sep 5, 2018
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

thanks in advance,
Gary
Welcome from Arkansas. I have spent a bit of time in Minnesota, some of the nicest people I have met!

Mudwing

Mudwing

Lifetime Member
Jul 9, 2017
The Mud holes
Ownership

1. 700-4
DC922132 E688 4808 A1E6 F7B747885209
EF296172 F22C 4D98 8321 C0F7B098B71A
Nice mudwing... New tires?

That was hondatech’s. Here’s a couple shots of mine. The ‘84 125M was sweet too. My son and I rebuilt the top end in the dead of winter last year with no heat. Just to ride.
I’ve had the Big Red on weekend trail rides that put 120 miles on it. I couldn’t keep a machine mint. I’ve rolled, sank and beat that trike. Still can’t kill it. In the picture, they’re wearing their Sunday best. :cool:

Reactions: Todd627
H

HondaTech

Nice mudwing... New tires?

The front is a GoodYear Rawhide that was on the trike when I got it a few years back. The rears are Polaris Ranger factory tires that I put on some 12 inch Honda Foreman rims. I switched to a 12 inch wheel for better tire selection, the tires were free, but are almost worn out. They did get me through a whole day of wheeling though at Rush.

For reference, any 12 inch wheels off a straight axle Honda will fit without rubbing, even 26 inch tires.

Reactions: Mudwing
H

HondaTech

View attachment 103147 View attachment 103148

That was hondatech’s. Here’s a couple shots of mine. The ‘84 125M was sweet too. My son and I rebuilt the top end in the dead of winter last year with no heat. Just to ride.
I’ve had the Big Red on weekend trail rides that put 120 miles on it. I couldn’t keep a machine mint. I’ve rolled, sank and beat that trike. Still can’t kill it. In the picture, they’re wearing their Sunday best. :cool:

At one time I had 5 ATCs.
My Big Red
1985 110
1983 185S
1982 70
1984 200M

Only have the 70 and Big Red now.

Reactions: Mudwing

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!