P500 New P500 Owner / Cheap Roof Cover

Wisdumb

Wisdumb

Jul 23, 2020
Independence, KY
Ownership

1. 500
Hello from Independence, KY! We just went and picked up a new 2020 P5 from M and E Honda in Bedford, Indiana. M and E is a great place and I recommend that anyone in the area give them a shot. After months of research it was clear that this machine was the one that met my needs, and so far I am absolutely loving it. This little P5 is meeting or exceeding all of my expectations. Looking forward to learning from all of you in this forum!

Hopefully I can contribute to the knowledge base as well. Here is my first attempt:
Was looking through my things for something that I could use for some shade, as I had not yet purchased a roof of any kind (bought the unit bare bones stock). I came across this sunshade that I had purchased for my Wrangler a couple years back and decided to try it on the P5.
After some adjustment of the ball bungees it fits pretty perfectly on the P5, with just an inch or two of overhang on the roll bars above and behind the seats (i actually like the overhang because it provides extra shade and helps holds my little Bose Mini Soundlink speaker more securely as well). We were very surprised at how well it fit, with the 45 degree corner cuts hugging the contours of the roll bars very nicely. It is a made of a durable material and there is no perceptible wind noise. It doesn't block out 100% of the sun but I would wager its about 75%. If you are looking for a cheap way to get some protection from the sun, I recommend giving one of these a shot! For $40 its hard to beat. I will attach some pictures in the next day or two.

Cheers!

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Hello from Independence, KY! We just went and picked up a new 2020 P5 from M and E Honda in Bedford, Indiana. M and E is a great place and I recommend that anyone in the area give them a shot. After months of research it was clear that this machine was the one that met my needs, and so far I am absolutely loving it. This little P5 is meeting or exceeding all of my expectations. Looking forward to learning from all of you in this forum!

Hopefully I can contribute to the knowledge base as well. Here is my first attempt:
Was looking through my things for something that I could use for some shade, as I had not yet purchased a roof of any kind (bought the unit bare bones stock). I came across this sunshade that I had purchased for my Wrangler a couple years back and decided to try it on the P5.
After some adjustment of the ball bungees it fits pretty perfectly on the P5, with just an inch or two of overhang on the roll bars above and behind the seats (i actually like the overhang because it provides extra shade and helps holds my little Bose Mini Soundlink speaker more securely as well). We were very surprised at how well it fit, with the 45 degree corner cuts hugging the contours of the roll bars very nicely. It is a made of a durable material and there is no perceptible wind noise. It doesn't block out 100% of the sun but I would wager its about 75%. If you are looking for a cheap way to get some protection from the sun, I recommend giving one of these a shot! For $40 its hard to beat. I will attach some pictures in the next day or two.

Cheers!
Welcome to the club from Oklahoma. Is that Independence Kansas Or Ohio? Still need pics....😎

Reactions: rtn001
advertisement
100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
in my best north Hampton accent, all nasally and s***... : I can relate to wisdumb and yet its still a form of wisdom. Althoughest, pray tell me my good mantling that needs his own gnome cap bottling company, what in creation is a Wis?

Wisdumb

Wisdumb

Jul 23, 2020
Independence, KY
Ownership

1. 500
Here are some pics, sorry for the delay.
IMG 4845
IMG 4843
IMG 4844

@Montecresto I am in Kentucky.

Wisdumb

Wisdumb

Jul 23, 2020
Independence, KY
Ownership

1. 500
As nice as the sunshade is for a temporary roof, I ordered the EMP aluminum roof with the matte black finish today.
Also ordered:

EMP Hard Coat Windshield w/ Fast Straps
Warn VRX 25 S winch
Warn 93720 winch mount kit
Warn Hook bump stop
Honda P5 Horn Kit
Honda P5 Horn Kit Wire Harness
Honda Accessory Subharness
Honda Rear Cab Net (tired of losing my hat when I floor it)
Curt Universal ATV Cargo Carrier
6 * 12 Utility trailer for hauling
Curt 2 inch receiver for my Wrangler

We have some UHMW sheets laying around to CNC for skid plates and A arm guards, but that's a project for sure.
Looking for a good 48 inch side mount toolbox to complete the cargo arrangement. I've seen some awesome setups on these forums and am looking to replicate the Curt cargo carrier/48 inch tool box setup.

Hondasxs.com forums assisted with the firsthand knowledge I needed to make informed decisions on what to buy. Thanks to all of you for that!
I've got some zen nights in the garage ahead of me. I'll post some pics in a week or so when it is all put together.

Turns out you guys were right, buying a P5 is the first step to spending a bunch more money on a P5!

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

Cheers!
WELCOME from NW Arkansas

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Sorry to have to inform you of this but everyone knows that the green P5 is the fastest and the 2017 poo green is the fastest of all.LOL:D:D:D Welcome from Central Florida.
Do you have a supporting link for those stats.....🤣

• Haha
Reactions: Mudwing
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!