P500 New P500 Owner / Cheap Roof Cover

R

RodBro

Jul 23, 2020
Divide, CO
Ownership

1. 500
Hello from Independence, KY! We just went and picked up a new 2020 P5 from M and E Honda in Bedford, Indiana. M and E is a great place and I recommend that anyone in the area give them a shot. After months of research it was clear that this machine was the one that met my needs, and so far I am absolutely loving it. This little P5 is meeting or exceeding all of my expectations. Looking forward to learning from all of you in this forum!

Hopefully I can contribute to the knowledge base as well. Here is my first attempt:
Was looking through my things for something that I could use for some shade, as I had not yet purchased a roof of any kind (bought the unit bare bones stock). I came across this sunshade that I had purchased for my Wrangler a couple years back and decided to try it on the P5.
After some adjustment of the ball bungees it fits pretty perfectly on the P5, with just an inch or two of overhang on the roll bars above and behind the seats (i actually like the overhang because it provides extra shade and helps holds my little Bose Mini Soundlink speaker more securely as well). We were very surprised at how well it fit, with the 45 degree corner cuts hugging the contours of the roll bars very nicely. It is a made of a durable material and there is no perceptible wind noise. It doesn't block out 100% of the sun but I would wager its about 75%. If you are looking for a cheap way to get some protection from the sun, I recommend giving one of these a shot! For $40 its hard to beat. I will attach some pictures in the next day or two.

Cheers!
Welcome from Colorado

Reactions: rtn001
B

bobbybog

Mar 2, 2018
WV
Ownership

1. 500
Welcome from WV. Your going to love the little P5!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: rtn001
hoghead76

hoghead76

Feb 7, 2018
oklahoma
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hello from Independence, KY! We just went and picked up a new 2020 P5 from M and E Honda in Bedford, Indiana. M and E is a great place and I recommend that anyone in the area give them a shot. After months of research it was clear that this machine was the one that met my needs, and so far I am absolutely loving it. This little P5 is meeting or exceeding all of my expectations. Looking forward to learning from all of you in this forum!

Hopefully I can contribute to the knowledge base as well. Here is my first attempt:
Was looking through my things for something that I could use for some shade, as I had not yet purchased a roof of any kind (bought the unit bare bones stock). I came across this sunshade that I had purchased for my Wrangler a couple years back and decided to try it on the P5.
After some adjustment of the ball bungees it fits pretty perfectly on the P5, with just an inch or two of overhang on the roll bars above and behind the seats (i actually like the overhang because it provides extra shade and helps holds my little Bose Mini Soundlink speaker more securely as well). We were very surprised at how well it fit, with the 45 degree corner cuts hugging the contours of the roll bars very nicely. It is a made of a durable material and there is no perceptible wind noise. It doesn't block out 100% of the sun but I would wager its about 75%. If you are looking for a cheap way to get some protection from the sun, I recommend giving one of these a shot! For $40 its hard to beat. I will attach some pictures in the next day or two.

Cheers!
Welcome from Oklahoma

Reactions: rtn001 and Mudwing

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!