P500 New P500 owner..

BuckCreek01

BuckCreek01

Lifetime Member
Aug 19, 2018
Griffin Ga.
Ownership

1. 500
Just wanted to introduce myself. Purchased a new 2018 P500 and really enjoying it so far. I live in Griffin Ga and look forward to the wealth on information here.

Of course, I have a few questions. With only about 7 hours on my unit, a stick punctured the front cv boot and I will be looking for better protection for the A arm boots. Any recommendations?

Transmission noises- when running in any gear, cruising , I hear a rattle. When putting the unit in my shop, easy on and off the throttle has a clunking sound. Is this normal sounds ?

Wallace

Wallace

Well that didn't go as planned
Lifetime Member
Jun 28, 2017
Lonoke Arkansas
Ownership

1. 500
Welcome. The trans is noisy it will get better with age and an oil change.

Reactions: BuckCreek01
SpaceTroll

SpaceTroll

Jul 8, 2018
Kirbyville Tx
Ownership

1. 500
Welcom to the club from East Texas. Wallace is spot on. Also when you put a Torq Locker in it (and I highly recommend one) use 75w 140 synthetic in the front differential and it will quiet down as well. I also need to put covers over my boots just haven't done it yet. Somebody here will definitely point you in the right direction on that. Get ready to spend some coin customizing your ride, but that's half the fun :)

Reactions: BuckCreek01
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Welcome @BuckCreek01 . Like Troll said, bust out that wallet, you're in for a ride in more ways than one, lol!
Lots of options out there for A arm guards and it depends on your preference.
Honda offers some aluminum ones.
2015 Honda Pioneer 500 Protection, Honda Accessories

I went with steel ones.
Strong Made Honda Pioneer 500 Front Stick Stoppers

Consider getting a whole set including skid plates, might save you some money now because you'll want them eventually anyway.
Honda Pioneer 500

First rule here is pics or it didn't happen, so we're just trusting that you bought one.
Congrats on the new ride! :D

BuckCreek01

BuckCreek01

Lifetime Member
Aug 19, 2018
Griffin Ga.
Ownership

1. 500
IMG 20180804 192829686 HDR

BuckCreek01

BuckCreek01

Lifetime Member
Aug 19, 2018
Griffin Ga.
Ownership

1. 500
Welcome @BuckCreek01 . Like Troll said, bust out that wallet, you're in for a ride in more ways than one, lol!

I went with steel ones.

Consider getting a whole set including skid plates, might save you some money now because you'll want them eventually anyway.
Honda Pioneer 500

First rule here is pics or it didn't happen, so we're just trusting that you bought one.

Thanks for the info.. see the picture! It is beautiful. .

Reactions: trigger
advertisement
BuckCreek01

BuckCreek01

Lifetime Member
Aug 19, 2018
Griffin Ga.
Ownership

1. 500
Thanks for the great welcome everyone. I feel like part of the community already.

Reactions: trigger
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Just wanted to introduce myself. Purchased a new 2018 P500 and really enjoying it so far. I live in Griffin Ga and look forward to the wealth on information here.

Of course, I have a few questions. With only about 7 hours on my unit, a stick punctured the front cv boot and I will be looking for better protection for the A arm boots. Any recommendations?

Transmission noises- when running in any gear, cruising , I hear a rattle. When putting the unit in my shop, easy on and off the throttle has a clunking sound. Is this normal sounds ?
Welcome here Buck, very nice wheels!!! 3K plus miles on my P5 now and with that kind of break in along with quality synthetic diff oils it’s quiet and smooth now. You’ve got a lot of necessary mods in front of you but don’t let @trigger scare you, he’s just upside down in his and wants someone else to feel the pain too.....:D:D

TeamCheap

TeamCheap

Mar 10, 2018
southeast michigan
Ownership

1. 500

2. Other Brand

I went with steel ones.

Honda Pioneer 500

I find it's far cheaper to just buy pictures of pioneer 500's with all the accessories rather than the actual machine

Welcome from michigan BuckCreek01

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I find it's far cheaper to just buy pictures of pioneer 500's with all the accessories rather than the actual machine

Welcome from michigan BuckCreek01
I’d love to sell you some..........get some of my money back. :D:D

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!