alloutdoors

alloutdoors

Jan 21, 2018
US
Ownership

1. 500

2. 700-4

3. Do not currently own
Welcome from the Midwest. Great looking garage, loaded with toys...…...

Reactions: BuckCreek01
P

PNWGuy

Just wanted to introduce myself. Purchased a new 2018 P500 and really enjoying it so far. I live in Griffin Ga and look forward to the wealth on information here.

Of course, I have a few questions. With only about 7 hours on my unit, a stick punctured the front cv boot and I will be looking for better protection for the A arm boots. Any recommendations?

Transmission noises- when running in any gear, cruising , I hear a rattle. When putting the unit in my shop, easy on and off the throttle has a clunking sound. Is this normal sounds ?

Mine's a month old and the old "rocks in a washing machine" sound from the transmission does not sit right with me. Having owned and worked on hundreds of vehicles from Military aircraft and street racing musclecars to ATVs and motorcycles, I know when something does not sound right. Mine is also developing a lag in shifting, which should be able to be fixed with an adjustment.

Will probably take mine to the dealer and pay the $250 for first service. I suspect a warranty issue with the transmission and want to make sure all the ducks are in a row and on paper maintenance-wise.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Mine's a month old and the old "rocks in a washing machine" sound from the transmission does not sit right with me. Having owned and worked on hundreds of vehicles from Military aircraft and street racing musclecars to ATVs and motorcycles, I know when something does not sound right. Mine is also developing a lag in shifting, which should be able to be fixed with an adjustment.

Will probably take mine to the dealer and pay the $250 for first service. I suspect a warranty issue with the transmission and want to make sure all the ducks are in a row and on paper maintenance-wise.
Hopefully not, mine sounded like that too when new, but top synthetic lubricants and 3,000 Miles later it’s smooth as butter, and quiet. :)

Good luck with that.

BuckCreek01

BuckCreek01

Lifetime Member
Aug 19, 2018
Griffin Ga.
Ownership

1. 500

People on this forum say its normal so I'm not worried. Plus, I have a five year warranty.

Reactions: trigger
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
People on this forum say its normal so I'm not worried. Plus, I have a five year warranty.
It’s certainly unnerving when it’s new....but, put quality synthetic fluids in everything, and ride, in time it’s faster and shifts like a hot knife through butter. :)

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
IMG 1439

advertisement
Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just wanted to introduce myself. Purchased a new 2018 P500 and really enjoying it so far. I live in Griffin Ga and look forward to the wealth on information here.

Of course, I have a few questions. With only about 7 hours on my unit, a stick punctured the front cv boot and I will be looking for better protection for the A arm boots. Any recommendations?

Transmission noises- when running in any gear, cruising , I hear a rattle. When putting the unit in my shop, easy on and off the throttle has a clunking sound. Is this normal sounds ?
Welcome from Missouri, your p5 is just fine...just enjoy it and ride. You will be impressed with what it can do!!

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome from Central Florida. Nice looking rig even if it is RED. Lol
Now you know that red means fast, which means even if it tops out at the same speed it’s still faster than any other color lol. :D

alloutdoors

alloutdoors

Jan 21, 2018
US
Ownership

1. 500

2. 700-4

3. Do not currently own
I remember the first time driving a new one at the dealership and thought something was wrong with the unit given the hard shifting, etc. I'm on my second P500 and the experience is the same, so all normal. As stated by others with some miles and oil changes you will see it begin to smooth out, so just another reason to get out and ride, LOL....

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Second the comments on heavier synthetic oil. And since you're new, just making sure you know what, and where located this tool is. LOL. Enjoy the P500 and let me know if want to ride Houston Valley OHV near Dalton, GA.

E4C38B18 AFB2 42EC 9DC0 5A01EFF4471E

BuckCreek01

BuckCreek01

Lifetime Member
Aug 19, 2018
Griffin Ga.
Ownership

1. 500
Second the comments on heavier synthetic oil. And since you're new, just making sure you know what, and where located this tool is. LOL. Enjoy the P500 and let me know if want to ride Houston Valley OHV near Dalton, GA.

View attachment 86064

Is it the tool under the seat that allows you to manually shift your transmission if electronics go? I watched a video on AMR youtube channel that went over that if so.

Sure, I would like to go to Houston Valley OHV near Dalton. Let me break in the P5 and put on some accessories and I will send you a PM when ready.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!