O

oldfortyfive

Lifetime Member
Dec 6, 2015
Illinois
Ownership

1. 500
IMG 3643

Finally got around to doing something with that wasted space under the seat. Had enough old vinyl covered aluminum to make a box about 5" inches deep.

O

oldfortyfive

Lifetime Member
Dec 6, 2015
Illinois
Ownership

1. 500
Two more things I've done for more places to put stuff....

Got the pocket pouches at Menards. They are made with a tab to slip into your pocket and hang outside. They slip out of the paracord loop when you need them out. The Maddog bags just hang on the door with paracord. Seems to work well this way.
IMG 3739
IMG 3740

advertisement
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
What's the best way to fasten it to the rack?
Made a bed out of 1/2" plywood that fit the rack dimensions. Then I used nuts and bolts with lock washers in front and back
where I could get a wrench in there. Self tappers in the middle. Take a look @JACKAL P500 build. That was the starting platform for what I did,
then just put your own twist on it. Jackals build should be the mandatory first read for anyone building a P5...
you'll pick up a ton of ideas and info there. He didn't get the title of ancient guru for nothing.

S

Sidexside4life

Jun 15, 2016
Boones Mill, VA
Ownership

1. 500
Made a bed out of 1/2" plywood that fit the rack dimensions. Then I used nuts and bolts with lock washers in front and back
where I could get a wrench in there. Self tappers in the middle. Take a look @JACKAL P500 build. That was the starting platform for what I did,
then just put your own twist on it. Jackals build should be the mandatory first read for anyone building a P5...
you'll pick up a ton of ideas and info there. He didn't get the title of ancient guru for nothing.
Sweet sounds like I'm gonna start a project lol. Thanks for the info.

Reactions: trigger
hambone

hambone

Mar 14, 2015
Southeast Indiana
I mounted a box like yours, at first I had it all the way forward against the cage. I noticed the noise level increased a bunch. Glad to see you moved it toward the back. I ended up doing that

hambone

hambone

Mar 14, 2015
Southeast Indiana
I am not meaning this to sound like its a bad thing, just trying to help.
Have you ever considered using the rubber Jeep hood hold down "thingy's" to hold that box on. Should mount up very well and allow access to that box when you need it.
Did you really say "thingy's"????

Reactions: Montecresto
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I mounted a box like yours, at first I had it all the way forward against the cage. I noticed the noise level increased a bunch. Glad to see you moved it toward the back. I ended up doing that
My box is mounted as close to the cage as possible while still opening.
Have a sub mounted in there...
250 watts and that noise level goes away!! :D

Reactions: hambone
Dp5hunter

Dp5hunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2016
Hazlehurst Mississippi
Ownership

1. 500
Hi yall I just put my first 50 miles on my new P5 and I love it. Bot I had to go back to work in Africa ( Congo ) and I will be there for the next 6 weeks. Can't wait to get home and put meany more miles on it. First thing I'm going to do is to put a windshield on it, winter is coming. I bought it with 26"tires on 14 in. rims, a top and a 4000 lb. winch. I have seen so many different ways to make my P5 better that it is hard to see where to start but I'm sure I will have a great time finding out. I will post some pics as soon as I can figure out how.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!