P1000 New Pioneer 1000 Soft Doors?

B

brenton_B

Sep 19, 2018
nebraska
Ownership

1. Other Brand
A friend was in Las Vegas and stumbled on to a expo of Honda showing of a couple of their newer models. He said there was a new soft cab they had on display on a Pioneer 1000. Did any one happen to get a picture of it or know anything about them?

Reactions: BWAF and sharp
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
A friend was in Las Vegas and stumbled on to a expo of Honda showing of a couple of their newer models. He said there was a new soft cab they had on display on a Pioneer 1000. Did any one happen to get a picture of it or know anything about them?
They’ve had a soft cab set since it originally came out.
A077740A B68D 4433 AEFB 6A9458B6EDBD

Is it a different setup??

E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
The fabric doors are different and quite a bit better.

Old stock number is 211 new stock number is 212

Would love to see pictures and hear from someone that has them.

tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I never had a chance to see the older 211 version but the 212 works very well. A friend of mine just put a set on and they seal very well on his P5 with 2 piece window and hard roof. The doors utilize a plastic piece with weather stripping that Velcro to the ROP. Then the doors attach onto a plate you rivet to the existing doors. This plate adds some rigidity to the door. If you do pickup a set, like the other Honda doors, work on fitment before completely riveting the plate in. The seal is great but the first door we put on rubs alittle on the back top corner, but I think the door bushing upgrade will fix this. We did better in the second door and it closes better. The only gap you have left is around the front and bottom of the existing doors but a little weather stripping could fix this. I was actually very impressed at how much an improvement they made to winter riding.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

T

tbaker

Aug 31, 2013
NW. Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Look at sidexside enclosures on Facebook I think that’s it

B

BrentK

Jan 27, 2019
Troy,NC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’ll try
Would love to see pictures and hear from someone that has them.

My brother has the 212 doors on his I’ll try and remember to get some pics.

I personally like the combo of seizmik front doors and the Honda 212 rear doors the best but the textile is nicer on Honda doors. Zippers nicer on seizmik.

tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
They only thing I didn't like about the seizmik doors is according to the directions, they attach to the factory doors with a piece of Velcro. I've never had much luck with Velcro sticking to off road rigs and especially when it's cold outside and you need doors. They look very nice and I believe there are a few on here that have them, so hopefully they will chime in.

B

BrentK

Jan 27, 2019
Troy,NC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
They only thing I didn't like about the seizmik doors is according to the directions, they attach to the factory doors with a piece of Velcro. I've never had much luck with Velcro sticking to off road rigs and especially when it's cold outside and you need doors. They look very nice and I believe there are a few on here that have them, so hopefully they will chime in.

No they bolt thru in the front of door and you drill a 5/8 hole in top of door at rear and run a steel rod all the way in door from top to bottom.

Very nice setup. The extra hinge really adds stability also.

They do have Velcro where textile laps over door but I’ve not even used it it’s not needed bc Frame fits door so well and makes a good seal
Now when I take them off in the summer won’t have Velcro left.

Reactions: BWAF
advertisement
tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks for the info. I'm hopefully looking to upgrade to a 1000 next fall and will definitely be putting doors on it. I will definitely look at seizmik doors when the time comes. Everything I've seen from them is top notch. It's good to have a few options. Thanks

Reactions: BWAF
B

brenton_B

Sep 19, 2018
nebraska
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Here is a couple pictures of the new doors installed. It's just more rubber around the roll cage to help with the air coming in.

IMG 2919 IMG 2920

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!