New Pioneer 2 seater

R

redfan

Sep 6, 2013
Just bought a new pioneer 2 seater today at SportCycles in Rockingham ,NC. Good folks there. Best price of 5 dealerships I contacted. Put about 15 miles on it this afternoon. Picked it over Polaris due to belt less transmission and low engine noise. Not disappointed but it does have some low speed vibration and rattles in bed. Goes away with increase in speed. Also it has a very long exhaust pipe that vibrates noticeably. Hope this vibration doesn't cause the exhaust flange to loosen, which will allow fumes to come into cab. Exhaust is directly under the seat. Time will tell. Very smooth power and shifting but it will not win any drag races. Bet a bigger engine will be their next project. Still no regrets whatsoever, I looked at many other brands for 3 months and had it narrowed down to honda and polaris. Just had to wait on Pioneer to be released. Drove both brands at the dealership on same day, Honda won the comparison in my opinion.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Very nice RedFan. And Welcome to our community.
Your right about it want win any drag races but because you bought a Honda you want have to be dragged back to the truck either...
You have a well build machine that will last you years. I seen the 2 seat today my self for the first time. I liked it. But I have chosen because my new family will need the extra seat in a few years.
Thanks for posting.
C-ya on the trail..

PS. dont forget to request some HondaSxS.com decals.. Link on front page.

Dragon21

Dragon21

In my defense, I was left unsupervised
Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
After driving it more, did you being to think that maybe the Polaris would have been better? I too have been looking at the midsize ranger 570 and the pioneer.
Also how much did you get it for? I'm also in NC

R

redfan

Sep 6, 2013
I was also looking at the 570 Polaris. Supposedly rated at 40hp vs. 34 on pioneer even though smaller engine. Honestly you can't go wrong with either one. It was a hard decision for me , what I like most about the Polaris is it's narrower footprint. Would fit on a 5 ft wide trailer and could go on narrower trailer. The specs don't show a big difference in width or length but in the real world there is a big diff. Still have those rattles on the honda that are unnerving me and are uncommon for Hondas.
I don't regret my decision but I would have been very satisfied with the 570. Also the Polaris was 500 less so that could be used on accessories. The pioneer was 9500+ tax. A bargain compared to the Yamaha Viking or can am.

Dragon21

Dragon21

In my defense, I was left unsupervised
Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Thanks, im happy you made the comment on size, that is actually pretty important to me since the trails im riding on are all custom cut and some areas are kinda narrow. I was looking at the 2 seater, but im now thinking the 4. Thanks for the input.

Jerry3

Jerry3

Lifetime Member
Jul 8, 2013
Arkville, NY
Hey redfan, in regards to your noise at low speed, someone on here was saying it could be simply the dump bed latch, check that out. I'm sorry, I dont remember who posted it.

C

chesterl35

Aug 7, 2013
Yeah the drivers side bed latch on the bed is adjustable. Mine rattled and i kept adjusting the right rear door trying to get it stopped and moved the latch on bed where it locks down and solved it.

R

redfan

Sep 6, 2013
Good info. Will take a look at that latch. It is definitely coming from drivers side.
Thanks

C

chesterl35

Aug 7, 2013
Yeah dump the bed amd the latch that's adjustable will be up on the bed where you can get to it. Move it up to make it latch harder/tighter

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!