New Pioneer 4P and Heater Question

RunningBear

RunningBear

Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just brought home my new 4P yesterday (pic attached). Can't wait to put it to good use! I have a lot of accessories on the way as well, and they should be at the dealer next week. However, I was told that the heater is showing unavailable from Honda. This seems to be the case on the main online Honda OEM accessory sites I checked as well. I know the heater was slow to appear originally, but does anyone have any insights into what may be going on with the heater at this point in time?

Attachments

• Pioneer - New 3.jpg
    Pioneer - New 3.jpg
    228 KB · Views: 510
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
I figured Honda would have this worked out by now. It was mid winter when heaters started to roll in last year. You would think they would be ready.
Anyways, Welcome to the community. Take a look around and if you have a question... Just ask.

I found a few post you may want to look at... Last year while waiting on a heater... a few people built there own for less.
pioneer-700-accessories-and-modifications-f48/summit-racing-heater-installation-t880.html
pioneer-700-accessories-and-modifications-f48/aftermarket-cab-heater-defrost-450-t521.html

C-ya around.

S

Sawdust

Sep 2, 2014
I have the same problem. The heater showed available at the end of August when I ordered my pioneer. The dealer went to order the heater the other day and no part number showed up. I hope it's not a long term problem as I ordered tracks in hopes of some winter riding.

S

Sawdust

Sep 2, 2014
I know the heater was slow to appear originally, but does anyone have any insights into what may be going on with the heater at this point in time?
I emailed my dealer and this was his reply. The Heater is backordered with Honda with no ship date. He actually ordered me one from Ebay at a higher cost than he quoted and said there would be no increase cost to me.Ebay has 5 left listing # 390759006555 At $499 if you are interested. There was another company listing 15 available @ $519

RunningBear

RunningBear

Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks! I'll check it out!

RunningBear

RunningBear

Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Sawdust said:
Ebay has 5 left listing # 390759006555 At $499 if you are interested.

Thanks again for the info! I just ordered this one. Not too bad a price when you consider the free shipping and no sales tax.

Now to get the OEM switch plate needed for the install :) .

S

Sawdust

Sep 2, 2014
Thanks again for the info!
Glad I could help. Im sure you were looking forward to riding in frigid weather without heat....not!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!