P500 New Rear Storage Containment. Building a bed.

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm really starting to contemplate removing some of the top of the walls to reduce the weight. This thing is heavy. It got painted today. I know, it doesn't exactly match in color but its close enough for now and I may do some touches of camouflage in spray paint and stencils....and Mud!
IMG 1323
IMG 1324

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
I'm really starting to contemplate removing some of the top of the walls to reduce the weight. This thing is heavy. It got painted today. I know, it doesn't exactly match in color but its close enough for now and I may do some touches of camouflage in spray paint and stencils....and Mud!
View attachment 121509 View attachment 121510
How much does it weigh?

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
View attachment 121509 View attachment 121510

Looks good but does look heavy.

Reactions: 100Acre
100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn. 'Cause I gots the Blazenest, Baddest of the Basassedness, Blazing Trails to Freedom and Burning Rubber on my way too the Pioneer Stadium in the Sky!
WOO FOOKIN HOO BABY!

It's been a few days since I've ridden, because I was building the rear box. I mounted it today and took her for a flight and fast Fandango around the home front. It's been raining here lately so many of the ruts were water filled which is always a blast. After mounting just the wood and not the tool box I went for a ride. I think I felt the weight and took it easy. After that I went back and installed the tool box. So, I decided to test drive it again. The weight of the whole box seems to have stabilized it. I blew through all the trails a few times over and even caught some air at one of the mulch piles. I got her up to 36 mph in the rutted curve uphill on the driveway and let her rip on a few other more pucker factor effect spots and she handled really well. Never did I feel tippy or floppy and managed to still achieve drift. I'm quite certain the Takeover may disrupt the equilibrium a time or two. But we will see. For now, I'm going to leave the box as it is.
Side note; Although I see over the box/bed better than the last box I had on there, the walls still seem visually high in the rear passenger side, corner of the bed. Anyone shorter than me, may find themselves blind in those corners, but alas, Everyone is shorter than I.
It needs a big Sticker on the rear. I wonder if I have any old surf wax stickers.......You guys ever catch a wave? ...Drifting in the dust.....

Side o note o; Pushed the max tracks between the box and the ROP's and they stayed in place, throughout the 2nd ride. Impressed was I.
IMG 1355
IMG 1356
IMG 1358
IMG 1359
IMG 1360
IMG 1361
IMG 1362
IMG 1363

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!