P1000 New rubber!

MIAK77

MIAK77

Apr 12, 2020
Alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well I was inbetween a few different sets but ended up going with EFX Motoclaw, lighter than roctain and tougher than Blackwater's. I'm going to be running them on mountain trails with lot of sharp rocks an a few mud pits here and there. Went with 28x10R14 on All 4 corners. I will be running with stock rims untill I can either find some steelies I like or some bead locks. Installing tomorrow!
20200423 173616

Isaiah

Isaiah

Dec 30, 2019
Altamont TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well I was inbetween a few different sets but ended up going with EFX Motoclaw, lighter than roctain and tougher than Blackwater's. I'm going to be running them on mountain trails with lot of sharp rocks an a few mud pits here and there. Went with 28x10R14 on All 4 corners. I will be running with stock rims untill I can either find some steelies I like or some bead locks. Installing tomorrow!
View attachment 199018
That's going to look good;) I have Motoclaws in 30s haven't had a flat or puncture for 1750 miles:)

Reactions: Spoonbill
GPR1500SC

GPR1500SC

Lifetime Member
Mar 3, 2016
North East MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X LV
Any pics? Review on how you like compaired to the big horns?
Thanks!

Comparing Motoclaws to Big Horns is like comparing black to white.
Comparing how tuff they are on a 1 to 10 scale
Motoclaws 9 Big Horn 2
traction
Motoclaws 2 Big Horns 9
For the way I used the Motoclaws, light mud and stream crossing and around the farm they sucked horribly!!! And there ride is comparable to a trotting horse.
but you cannot poke a hole in them if you try, if you ride over broken glass and nails they are the tire for you.

Pictured is my 6ply Big Horns with plugs in the side walls the same rock got them both and we are half way down a bad hill but them big wads of plugs got me back to camp you have to choose what you can put up with.

IMG 20200510 170025615 IMG 20200510 170019135

GPR1500SC

GPR1500SC

Lifetime Member
Mar 3, 2016
North East MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X LV
After rereading my post Monday morning I realized that I didn't get enough of my heart felt hatred in for the Motoclaws Sunday evening.
So here goes installing them in the winter and trying them out in below freezing conditions I new they slid around more on the snow and ice but blamed the cold temp's and tuff rubber compound, move on to spring I was boring around in slick mud more then I thought necessary but never thought of blaming the tires, until I was riding with some friends on my trails on my own farm and couldn't get across a aggressive ditch crossing even after leaving some air out of the tires I had to take the Vagina crossing, after taking my 29 inch Motoclaws off I went and put my stock Wheels with stock 27 inch Big Horns on and crossed it handily.
I had let the one Motoclaw down to 3 PSI without realizing it that is how little flexs there is in the side walls.
They are tuff tire but I was not willing to sacrifice that much traction on good working dry dirt I never reinstalled them again.
And there is my unvarnished opinion of Motoclaws. LOL

Spoonbill

Spoonbill

Apr 24, 2020
East TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That's going to look good;) I have Motoclaws in 30s haven't had a flat or puncture for 1750 miles:)
These look similar to the MAXXIS Carnivores. I'll be hunting in and around flooded soybean and rice in Arkansas as well as taking care of farm chores. Ya'll think this might be the answer??

Reactions: Isaiah
Isaiah

Isaiah

Dec 30, 2019
Altamont TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
These look similar to the MAXXIS Carnivores. I'll be hunting in and around flooded soybean and rice in Arkansas as well as taking care of farm chores. Ya'll think this might be the answer??

i dont know they have done good for me. i have been looking at the carnivores for next time though;)

Spoonbill

Spoonbill

Apr 24, 2020
East TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Any idea w
i dont know they have done good for me. i have been looking at the carnivores for next time though;)
Thanks for the quick turnaround. Any idea where a man might find affordable pricing ?

Reactions: Isaiah
advertisement
GPR1500SC

GPR1500SC

Lifetime Member
Mar 3, 2016
North East MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X LV
The Carnivore's will blow the Motoclaws away on traction in mud and dirt they bite!

I think the Motoclaws will win on tire wear with their harder rubber compound my nephew has Carnivore's on his YXZ he land joins me on the north side we run alot of the same terrain most of are trails are on me the softer compound of the Carnivore's seemed to be wearing faster than the Motoclaws but you need to take in consideration the age and machine difference also.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!