P500 New Shoes

p500fan

p500fan

Lifetime Member
Mar 30, 2015
Sand Point, AK
No noticeable power loss and I feel the extra traction will more than offset any loss. The steering has improved as did the ride quality. I'm still running 10 psi I have not played with adjusting it yet....when I worked for the state doing trail surveys I usually ran around 8 psi in the wheelers tires (Yamaha Grizzly 750's with ITP Mudlite) but this is a little heavier machine so I might stay around 9 or 10 psi.
No rubbing issues it seems to have around 2-3 inches of clearance when cranked all the way to the left and right.
So far I have done about 15 miles on the trails near my place nothing too technical but I am very happy with them.

The true test will start this weekend when I head out to moose camp....40-50 miles of tundra, bogs, and a couple steep rocky climbs over a ridge going in with the camp and the reverse coming out with 900 to 1000 pounds of meat if things go well. I'll post some pictures an give a review when I get back, but this is why I bought this little machine and the test I have done pulling my meat wagon full of logs around the property has gone well so I expect it will perform the way I hope, and that was with the stock tires and she seems to do much better with the Bighorns.
I bought mine to buffalo hunt. Pretty much the same scenario. I'm pretty sure the P500 is the best tool for the job.

M

Moose308

Jun 16, 2015
Got the new hooves on today Maxxis bighorn 2's 26-11-12 all the way around....no comparison. I have a fairly steep climb out of a creek with loose stream washed gravel and a washout that's between 6 inches to a foot deep that snakes back and forth across the trail, with the factory tires I had to use 4 wheel or the rear tires just spun. With the new tires 2nd gear 2 wheel all the way with only minor minor wheel spin when I crossed the washout about half way up. I have not tried them in any serious mud but what I did do they handled very well and I did not get as much mud slinging as I expected with the 11's on the front. They also did huge improvement on smoothing out the ride and over all handling. View attachment 6031View attachment 6032View attachment 6033
Thats what we want to hear

p500fan

p500fan

Lifetime Member
Mar 30, 2015
Sand Point, AK
I also did 11" wide all around. I was concerned about mud-slinging, also. It doesn't seem to be that much of an issue.

scott

scott

Lifetime Member
May 16, 2014
lyman, South Carolina
Are the bearclaw a true 9" wide? I got a UHMV skid plate can't wait to put it on. My UHMV skid has the small oval drain holes on what i call the wings where it goes from factory size skid out to the edges. I like the looks and sure i will like having them drain holes. Will post a pic tomorrow. You could always add a few drain holes.

Last edited:

May 14, 2015
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Are the bearclaw a true 9" wide? I got a UHMV skid plate can't wait to put it on. My UHMV skid has the small oval drain holes on what i call the wings where it goes from factory size skid out to the edges. I like the looks and sure i will like having them drain holes. Will post a pic tomorrow. You could always add a few drain holes.

They may be a tad more. I will have to put a tape on it. They are wider than expected which was very pleasing to see as I run them on all 4 corners.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!