P700 New to Fourm

R

RonP

Nov 24, 2019
KY
Ownership

1. 700-2
I owned a Honda 350 ATV about 12 years ago and sold it 2 years later. This past February I decided on the 2018 Honda 700-2. I have used it a lot in our new build house in landscaping. This thing really holds lots of dirt and rocks. Which brings me to the point, I shovel the dirt and rocks in and then have to shovel most of it back out because of the weight. My question is has anyone ever installed an electrical lift cylinder on the bed to assist. At 72 years old I need all the help I can get.

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I owned a Honda 350 ATV about 12 years ago and sold it 2 years later. This past February I decided on the 2018 Honda 700-2. I have used it a lot in our new build house in landscaping. This thing really holds lots of dirt and rocks. Which brings me to the point, I shovel the dirt and rocks in and then have to shovel most of it back out because of the weight. My question is has anyone ever installed an electrical lift cylinder on the bed to assist. At 72 years old I need all the help I can get.
Welcome to the forum, I’ve not seen that mod done to any of the pioneers but with the right parts I’m sure it’s possible.

Todd627

Todd627

HondaSxS Club Stress Management Director
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 4, 2018
MI
Welcome from The Great Lakes State. I bet somebody on this forum has and they will chime in.

Any pics?

[HASHTAG]#NTC[/HASHTAG]

Mudwing

Mudwing

Lifetime Member
Jul 9, 2017
The Mud holes
Ownership

1. 700-4
083070D1 3C26 49B2 900F 6A95C805D944

I haven’t seen anyone do the dump mod but I’m sure it could be done. Too much work for me. I use a trailer to haul dirt and the bed is my stage for tools and such. And welcome to the forum.
[HASHTAG]#ntc[/HASHTAG]

Backwoods

Backwoods

Ambassador of Crocs / Speaker of truth & facts /
Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
Welcome from west Georgia . I hope someone here has the answers your looking for. Glad you joined us. Dont be a stranger.

Reactions: Mudwing
L2R

L2R

Understanding women Vol. 1
Lifetime Member
Feb 16, 2019
East of the Appalachians
Ownership

1. 700-4
Ron,

Welcome to the forum. Lots of good folks and good ideas.

I use mine mostly as you do. You may find a way to install a cylinder but until then.... I have learned to peak the load just behind the axle. (mine is a 700-4, not sure if that makes any difference) My guess is that I am still moving 800 lbs at a clip and I last longer shoveling in not in and out.
Which is why I bought it - to stop me doing all the work.

Good luck and post pictures if you try something. People here are pretty good at helping out if you include them with pictures in the process.

Last edited:
Bastardchild

Bastardchild

Nov 3, 2016
Orange Heights, fl
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
You could probably use a 12v linear actuator in place of the little crappy stock lifting shock. Wire it to a 2 way momentary switch somewhere handy for up and down. Just measure the collapsed length of the stock shock and the extended length and buy the correct linear actuator. There is some that will lift hundreds of pounds. I imagine you would need one that could get wet being that its under your sxs. Just thinking out loud. Whatever you do make sure to post pics!! Welcome to the forum!

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
WELCOME!

Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
someone has i cant remember where i seen it but it was on a big red. what you have to do is take the bed off and add your braces to the bed and frame to hold what you have to do it run 2 of them cause the air box and put them on the front side i believe around 6 inches back from the front of the bed is where there is room. now the one he put on it didnt give him full lift on the bed was like 4 inches short at the top front of bed but that i think was clearance issues with the longer cylinders

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

K

KeithinLouisiana

Oct 6, 2019
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
Welcome from Louisiana. Keep the weight as far back as you can. Then maybe a stand and jack combination on one side could help some.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!