P700 New to game

allgm1

allgm1

Lifetime Member
Mar 7, 2015
New Hampshire
first welcome to hondasxs. next it really depends on where you ride, if there is any chance you'll be going deeper than water over the front wheels then I would suggest to snorkel it. The AIR intake is right behind the passengers seat, if you suck in water there will be many oil changes in your future. I haven't snorkeled mine as I'm not a big fan of deep water crossings and I normally ride where its not an issue.

Reactions: Farmer
Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
@allgm1 said it perfect. Really it's up to you and where you will be taking your machine

Lynn

Lynn

Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
Yakima,WA
yea right on, I agree. I don't think Honda or any manufacture intended for it's product to be abused like that. Get a submarine for under water exploration, but each to his own.

scott

scott

Lifetime Member
May 16, 2014
lyman, South Carolina
I got water in my air box and probably just a little in my motor and in my gas tank. I'm snorkling mine for sure. I was about to s**t my paints when i saw that water coming over my door. Thanks to @Hondasxs for pushing me out and yelling what to do, or mine might be flooded.If your asking this ?? i'd say get one. btw don't cut your sxs off if water is over exhaust.

Last edited:
P

PonchoLejeune

Feb 14, 2016
Louisiana
I was thinking of adding snorkel to mine. Not for water but for dust. We ride a lot of dusty roads. Hate where the air intake is at.

Harman24630

Harman24630

Mar 24, 2016
Tazewell Va
Ownership

1. 700-4
I figure honda put the intake where it is with the thought of typically no one wants a wet a** and it being on the passenger side a man's wife's prosterior makes a great deep water gauge(just a thought). Everywhere I ride evolves mining haul roads which are extremely dusty so recently I've been looking at k&n's filter but not nessasaraly the main filter for the dust but the pre charger bag that fits over it not to mention its supposed to b good for alittle extra power. Imo the intake would suck just as much dust no matter where it was on the machine if it was subject to a dusty road.

swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
I figure honda put the intake where it is with the thought of typically no one wants a wet a** and it being on the passenger side a man's wife's prosterior makes a great deep water gauge(just a thought). Everywhere I ride evolves mining haul roads which are extremely dusty so recently I've been looking at k&n's filter but not nessasaraly the main filter for the dust but the pre charger bag that fits over it not to mention its supposed to b good for alittle extra power. Imo the intake would suck just as much dust no matter where it was on the machine if it was subject to a dusty road.
I agree unless it was fed from a hood scoop pre filter.

P

PonchoLejeune

Feb 14, 2016
Louisiana
I just wish Honda had ran air intake somewhere were it would suck clean air.

Last edited:
T

TROYBOY

Aug 30, 2016
TROY.AR
Ownership

1. Big Red
HEY GUYS, IM NEW. just changed oil in my 700 yest. checked air box-had about cup of oil in bottom. not using oil, did put it in deep water once 3 years ago. what should i check next/

advertisement
P

PonchoLejeune

Feb 14, 2016
Louisiana
HEY GUYS, IM NEW. just changed oil in my 700 yest. checked air box-had about cup of oil in bottom. not using oil, did put it in deep water once 3 years ago. what should i check next/

Bet air filter was over oiled.

Reactions: Tflynn
Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
Hey @TROYBOY welcome to the club. It doesn't sound like you injested water to me but if you're concerned here's what I'd check. When you just changed your oil, was it milky looking at all? If not you're good. also check the oil in the differentials which is pretty hard to do without just changing it all together. The other place water could get is in the gas tank but you'd know that already because your rig would run terribly if at all.

@PonchoLejeune is probably right although a full cup of oil is a lot! Who serviced your air filter last?

Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
How important is a snorkel system on the pioneer 700-4?
I've been 4-wheel'n since... Well, since it was 3 wheel'n. I think I am more conservative than most.
We duck hunt where the water is 10-12 inches. Periodically someone dunks a wheeler because of some unknown. You just never know when water can go from 8 inches to 28 inches.

So, my answer is... If you ride in water of ANY depth... Snorkel.

Also, if you drink beer and ride... Snorkel. Beer causes bravery. Bravery, causes riders to adventure into deeper water.

Therefore, Beer causes the water to rise... Snorkel

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!