New to the group, would be grateful for some feedback.

Buggyman

Buggyman

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 3, 2020
ne. ohio
Ownership

1. 700-2
New to the group, just picked up a 2022 Pioneer 1000-5 Forest. I’ve been riding four wheelers for over 25 years and just got my first sxs. Any tips and/or recommendations for upgrades? It came with the hard roof and I have been looking at windshields along with cab enclosures. Any advice or hands on experience is definitely appreciated! Thanks in advance!View attachment 359970
welcome from Ohio and nice buggy

S

Strauss501

Oct 15, 2022
Maryland
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks for the feedback! I’m planning on getting the hard coated split windshield from Honda. I’m just back and forth as to whether to enclose just the cab or the entire machine. I don’t want to limit my bed use so I am unsure if a full enclosure will hinder that. Plus I want to keep as much dust out of the cab as possible without having to sell my first born lol.

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Thanks for the feedback! I’m planning on getting the hard coated split windshield from Honda. I’m just back and forth as to whether to enclose just the cab or the entire machine. I don’t want to limit my bed use so I am unsure if a full enclosure will hinder that. Plus I want to keep as much dust out of the cab as possible without having to sell my first born lol.
Get a heat shield from @trigger.... Supposed to be the best thing for cab dust 👍

S

SaltwaterSlick

Jul 20, 2022
Southeast Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome from SE Texas! You've just joined a very elite group of folks that eat, breathe and sleep Honda SXS machines... I highly recommend just getting on the Build's forum and scan through a lot of those threads for ideas. Also, learn to use that search box in the upper right corner of the header. Just about anything you can think of with respect to modifying, driving, repairing, diagnosing issues, ...anything has probably been covered and covered by some of the best in the business here. The information database is phenomenal! Play with your search terms a bit and you'll find quickly that you've got the best database ever right at your fingertips!

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Bottom line, if you're going to be getting in and out of it a lot while driving (e.g., running a fence line on a farm doing repairs), you'll want something with doors that open/close without having to unzip the window - the Honda OEM soft doors, perhaps, which you can run with a back panel that encloses just the front seat area. Otherwise, you'll want something like the CEC Enclosures full enclosure (better protection, but you have to unzip to get in/out).

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
New to the group, just picked up a 2022 Pioneer 1000-5 Forest. I’ve been riding four wheelers for over 25 years and just got my first sxs. Any tips and/or recommendations for upgrades? It came with the hard roof and I have been looking at windshields along with cab enclosures. Any advice or hands on experience is definitely appreciated! Thanks in advance!View attachment 359970
Welcome to the club, just put a long and gather information.
Welcome from SE Texas! You've just joined a very elite group of folks that eat, breathe and sleep Honda SXS machines... I highly recommend just getting on the Build's forum and scan through a lot of those threads for ideas. Also, learn to use that search box in the upper right corner of the header. Just about anything you can think of with respect to modifying, driving, repairing, diagnosing issues, ...anything has probably been covered and covered by some of the best in the business here. The information database is phenomenal! Play with your search terms a bit and you'll find quickly that you've got the best database ever right at your fingertips!
True!

jenk61

jenk61

Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2021
Southern Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Unsnap the bottom of the enclosure on the CEC enclosure and the bed will still dump. The back windows will also roll out of the way and have snap ties to keep them there.

Rayger143

Rayger143

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 5, 2020
Winfield, BC Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome to the club from BC. Sweet ride! You will figure out which mods to do, just read and take your time. Thats what I did. Just when you think you're done your mods you will think of something else. It's an addiction. Good luck and have fun with it.

Bighat

Bighat

Nov 25, 2021
Gallipolis Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Welcome. From what I see the first item you need in your climate is a windshield. This will keep you much warmer and dryer. Being that you have no windshield, choose wisely now. They're costly. For me glass is the only way to go. You can clean it, see out of it, use a windshield wiper on it, and it seals around the edges good. Also, the factory windshield will, no doubt, cook your goose in the summer sun so you will want to look at one that will flip up. They don't make many glass ones that flip up for the Pioneer. I have a flip up glass one and it works great. You don't have to purchase it through the link because most Honda dealers can order it for you. Here's a link: Honda Pioneer 1000 Glass Front Windshield | Side by Side Stuff

Last edited:
Bow4life

Bow4life

Supporting Member
Mar 5, 2021
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome from Minnesota, a better skid plate is a must. Factory one is junk. I just installed one from Superatv. Wasn't super expensive and they have good sales periodically. And its 1/2" uhmw, very heavy duty. If you ride anywhere rocky the factory one makes you nervous in a hurry...other than that it's totally personal preference. Best of luck!

PJon

PJon

Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2020
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome from the once great state of Colorado. 😎

Must have mods IMO - 1/2" aftermarket skid plate - I've seen the damage some of these guys have done without one and it ain't pritty; all kinds of bent frame tubes. :oops: The stock skid is nothing more than a dust cover. Be sitting down when you price 'em. 😥

Winch - unless yer staying close to home/trailer, you don't need it until you need it. If you're riding with others, this is less important; I'm usually solo so it's a must have for me.

Ride it for awhile and decide what YOU want, not what the innerweb says you want.
I agree with your suggestions. Good skid plate and winch. Went on a 45 mile ride yesterday with some friends. The tough part of the trail was about 22 miles and usually can be completed in about 5 hrs. Yesterdays ride took 12 hrs. Lots of erosion causing flat tires (rocks knocking the tire off the bead), lots of winching in areas that have never needed it before and the the final blow was the trail being washed out completely and having to back track to an alternate escape route in the dark.

PJon

PJon

Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2020
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I agree with your suggestions. Good skid plate and winch. Went on a 45 mile ride yesterday with some friends. The tough part of the trail was about 22 miles and usually can be completed in about 5 hrs. Yesterdays ride took 12 hrs. Lots of erosion causing flat tires (rocks knocking the tire off the bead), lots of winching in areas that have never needed it before and the the final blow was the trail being washed out completely and having to back track to an alternate escape route in the dark.
The trail ratings here for Jeeps go from 1-5. This particular trail was rated between 3.5 to 3.75. Went on another ride today with my regular group and told them it needed to be upgraded to at least a 4.0.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!