New to the group, would be grateful for some feedback.

S

Strauss501

Oct 15, 2022
Maryland
Ownership

1. 1000-5
New to the group, just picked up a 2022 Pioneer 1000-5 Forest. I’ve been riding four wheelers for over 25 years and just got my first sxs. Any tips and/or recommendations for upgrades? It came with the hard roof and I have been looking at windshields along with cab enclosures. Any advice or hands on experience is definitely appreciated! Thanks in advance!
079C7964 D919 4AAF 93C9 560B496B0292

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Welcome from da Yoop of the Mitten state! Lot's of info on this site. Start browsing the P1K section, the mods are endless

russknight

russknight

Lifetime Member
Apr 13, 2019
Perry Florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
Welcome from the Sunshine State! Looks like you are in an area where it gets pretty cold. You might want to consider the factory glass windshield or a good aftermarket one. They pretty much seal completely. I have the factory glass one I use in the winter and the SATV flip windshield I use in the summer. I've also installed the SATV front and rear a-arms and run 15" wheels and tires all the way around. I recently bought a nice set of used Stage V Elkas to smooth the ride out. I heard the factory hard cab enclosure is nice. Lot's of mods you can do. I suggest reading as much of the stuff here as you can.

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Welcome from the once great state of Colorado. 😎

Must have mods IMO - 1/2" aftermarket skid plate - I've seen the damage some of these guys have done without one and it ain't pritty; all kinds of bent frame tubes. :oops: The stock skid is nothing more than a dust cover. Be sitting down when you price 'em. 😥

Winch - unless yer staying close to home/trailer, you don't need it until you need it. If you're riding with others, this is less important; I'm usually solo so it's a must have for me.

Ride it for awhile and decide what YOU want, not what the innerweb says you want.

GovtMule

GovtMule

NTC’s SoA, Chief Sarcasm Officer-Self Appointed
Lifetime Member
May 19, 2021
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Welcome from TN. As said above there’s a lot of info deep within the search feature. An aftermarket skid would be a very good investment. Beyond that it’s up to you and the sky’s the limit.

I would recommend getting rid of that factory front bumper and exchanging it for a 2022 Deluxe front bumper. I happen to have a new one on mine and would be happy to swap! Word is that the extra bars clash with the Camo on the Forrest’s. Just let me know when you are ready! 😆
BA72FDEB 8524 4028 9D5F 7C8975FE6EBE

RB3offroad

RB3offroad

Vendor
Nov 2, 2017
Tempe, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome from rb3offroad.com, we sell aftermarket accessories for the Honda Pioneers, and Talons. Skid Plate , Winch, door bushings, if you want to widen your stance we have wheel spacers, also a grab bar. Im sure you ride in alot of woods. We are originally from upstate NY

S

Strauss501

Oct 15, 2022
Maryland
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome from the Sunshine State! Looks like you are in an area where it gets pretty cold. You might want to consider the factory glass windshield or a good aftermarket one. They pretty much seal completely. I have the factory glass one I use in the winter and the SATV flip windshield I use in the summer. I've also installed the SATV front and rear a-arms and run 15" wheels and tires all the way around. I recently bought a nice set of used Stage V Elkas to smooth the ride out. I heard the factory hard cab enclosure is nice. Lot's of mods you can do. I suggest reading as much of the stuff here as you can.

Reactions: EMAW and Buggyman
S

Strauss501

Oct 15, 2022
Maryland
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome from the once great state of Colorado. 😎

Must have mods IMO - 1/2" aftermarket skid plate - I've seen the damage some of these guys have done without one and it ain't pritty; all kinds of bent frame tubes. :oops: The stock skid is nothing more than a dust cover. Be sitting down when you price 'em. 😥

Winch - unless yer staying close to home/trailer, you don't need it until you need it. If you're riding with others, this is less important; I'm usually solo so it's a must have for me.

Ride it for awhile and decide what YOU want, not what the innerweb says you want.
F11664DF 4B5E 4994 835A A6E47E65C45C

jenk61

jenk61

Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2021
Southern Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-5
New to the group, just picked up a 2022 Pioneer 1000-5 Forest. I’ve been riding four wheelers for over 25 years and just got my first sxs. Any tips and/or recommendations for upgrades? It came with the hard roof and I have been looking at windshields along with cab enclosures. Any advice or hands on experience is definitely appreciated! Thanks in advance!View attachment 359970
I have the SATV flip-up windshield and just installed the CEC enclosure two days ago. I would highly recommend both.

Mark in Northern Iowa

Mark in Northern Iowa

Club Contributor
Oct 20, 2021
Floyd County, Iowa
kramnella.wixsite.com
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Howdy and welcome from Northern Iowa
As stated, surf through the mods forum, or use the search bar and search for what you think you might want. If you can think of it, it has probably been done and posted here........somewhere. haha 👍
And, nice looking ride
Have a good day

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
New to the group, just picked up a 2022 Pioneer 1000-5 Forest. I’ve been riding four wheelers for over 25 years and just got my first sxs. Any tips and/or recommendations for upgrades? It came with the hard roof and I have been looking at windshields along with cab enclosures. Any advice or hands on experience is definitely appreciated! Thanks in advance!View attachment 359970
Depends on your riding style. If you’re using it around the farm or hunting grounds you only need better tires and a winch. If riding Windrock or RRB you’ll need around $7k in upgrades.

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Depends on your riding style. If you’re using it around the farm or hunting grounds you only need better tires and a winch. If riding Windrock or RRB you’ll need around $7k in upgrades.
🤫.......way to scare off the new guy Russ🤦‍♂️

Last edited:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!