New to the group, would be grateful for some feedback.

K

KimberproSS

Jul 16, 2019
Mount Vernon, IN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome from SW Indiana. I have a PK1-5 2018. I put the brush buster bumper, two piece windshield, hard top, winch and Bed liner. I recommend the wrap around bed liner. It goes in and out easily (3 screws) and keeps the back seats protected. They still get dusty. But hauling sand, wood, etc. works great. I don’t ride in really rough areas, but if I did I would change the skid plate to something more robust.

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
The trail ratings here for Jeeps go from 1-5. This particular trail was rated between 3.5 to 3.75. Went on another ride today with my regular group and told them it needed to be upgraded to at least a 4.0.
I rode a trail in the spring with a Poo Poo rider. It’s a zig zagging shelf road up the face of a Utah canyon. We rode up it and back down it, technical but doable. I rode that same trail a couple of days ago, planning on another up and back down - but there had been a siht tonne of water run down the trail since I was there, all (or most) of the dirt was gone in some steep sections, leaving a series of nasty, rocky climbs. But the trail is so narrow and steep, there’s nowhere to turn around; once you start, you’re committed.

I made it up but it was damn near terrifying. :oops: I did NOT go back down, took a looooong, illegal, bypass back to camp. That ride freaked me out, I’ll never do that trail again. :eek: Calling it dangerous would be a huge understatement, the drop offs were frightening.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Welcome from SW Indiana. I have a PK1-5 2018. I put the brush buster bumper, two piece windshield, hard top, winch and Bed liner. I recommend the wrap around bed liner. It goes in and out easily (3 screws) and keeps the back seats protected. They still get dusty. But hauling sand, wood, etc. works great. I don’t ride in really rough areas, but if I did I would change the skid plate to something more robust.
I'm not a fan on the bed liner, it mars the top of the bed. I've got one for sale.

Reactions: Smittyp

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!