Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Picked up a bike yesterday. 2016 Ducati Monster 1200 R. 2K miles, Carbon slip-on and a tail tidy. Couldn't find any flaws on it. I have a Duc superbike but that thing is pretty painful to drive over 30 min at a time. This bike has close HP, 160 and weight, 396# but is a lot more comfortable.

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Never been around a Ducati personally but always thought they were nice looking bikes in the magazines. I still have a Ninja 650R that I bought new in 2006. The only street bike I’ve ever owned. Love the more upright riding position but still having clearance to lean into a corner until the boot guards or knee touch.

Enjoy the new bike and keep the shiny side up.

snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Got to put a few miles on it this afternoon. Man this thing is sweet. Can cruise at 2500 without it bucking u off like the 1098. Low/midrange torque is ridiculous. Brakes are stupid also. U could probably do a 1 finger stoppie doing 50. Its got ABS and different power modes too. 200 wide supercorsa rear tire and you can flick this thing around just breathing on the handle bars.

drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Mary's Ridge (Dayton Mtn), TN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
About 6yrs ago looked at a lot of naked bikes and settled on the Triumph Speed Triple and loved it. Thousands of miles in NC and E. Tennesse on it. Rode with a few guys that had Ducks and they are very nice machines too. Congratulations, enjoy it.

Last edited:
snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
About 6yrs ago looked at a lot of naked bikes and settled on the Triumph Speed Triple and loved it. Thousands of miles in NC and E. Tennesse on it. Rode with a few guys that had Ducks and they are very nice machines too. Congratulations, enjoy it.
I looked at the Speed Triple. Lots of great reviews on it. The headlight was the only thing I didn't like on it.

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Got to put a few miles on it this afternoon. Man this thing is sweet. Can cruise at 2500 without it bucking u off like the 1098. Low/midrange torque is ridiculous. Brakes are stupid also. U could probably do a 1 finger stoppie doing 50. Its got ABS and different power modes too. 200 wide supercorsa rear tire and you can flick this thing around just breathing on the handle bars.
Sounds like an awesome ride! Enjoy the heck out of it sir!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!