Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
I got this sxs this past Monday and it came with little baby 25s on it. I have searched high and low all this past week for 30s that will fit the 12" Arctic Cat wheels. Posted an ad on Craigslist and have been logging into my wifes Facebook and going on that Marketplace section. They are on there all day long for 14" wheels, but are few and far between for 12" wheels. The people either want to trade them for different size tires and not want to sell them, or just dont respond to the message I send them. My buddy JD has an Arctic Cat 400 4x4 ATV that hasnt run in a few years. He felt sorry for me and told me to come swap out my wheels and tires for his 28s and keep them until I buy the tires I want. I got them switched over this past Friday morning before we headed out to the mud park. Heres a few pics of his 28" tires and 14" wheels on my sxs. Im thinking I might get the wife new tires and wheels for her P1000 and keep her 31" MotoHavoks for my sxs. There is plenty of room for them. I will just swap out the spacers that are on mine now for adapters of the same size that adapt the 4/137 Pioneer wheels to the 4/115 Arctic Cat hubs.

View attachment 268419 View attachment 268420
Looks like fun indeed. Sharp looking ride.

Bastardchild

Bastardchild

Nov 3, 2016
Orange Heights, fl
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
U talked about the doors. I remember they are corky the way they swing open
Yes they open up backwards and then pivot towards the ground. Plus the way I sit in the machine the side of my leg pushes against the door and I felt it for a few days after. I took the doors off of my P5 and loved it. We will see if I can deal though. I kinda wanna take 'Arctic Cat' off of the door and have decals made that say 'PhukDup MudClub' on the door. So I kinda wanna keep them, but I also liked the ease of sliding in and out of the P5, and not having to worry about not being able to open my door and get out if I get stuck in a muddy ditch.

Remington

Remington

Sheriff Chief POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Yes they open up backwards and then pivot towards the ground. Plus the way I sit in the machine the side of my leg pushes against the door and I felt it for a few days after. I took the doors off of my P5 and loved it. We will see if I can deal though. I kinda wanna take 'Arctic Cat' off of the door and have decals made that say 'PhukDup MudClub' on the door. So I kinda wanna keep them, but I also liked the ease of sliding in and out of the P5, and not having to worry about not being able to open my door and get out if I get stuck in a muddy ditch.
My buddy used a couple of those pool noodles for the inside of the doors to combat that leg thing. It worked.

A

Average_Joe

Aug 19, 2016
Gainesville, Fl
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Just got home from riding it all weekend. I thrashed it pretty good at the mud park. Well as good as I could on little 28s anyway lol. Had a ball. Super impressed with the get up and go the machine has. The doors kinda bother me. They might come off. One thing I dont like also is it has a rev limiter in reverse. I have to find a way around that. Thats not gonna fly. My rear view mirror came in. I bolted it on at camp. The green doesnt quite match but Im fine with it. No overheating issues. Got stuck on a stump in dash deep water and it purred like a kitten the whole time while my buddy winched me out, so everything is water tight. I would definitely like a bigger lift. SuperATV has a longtravel kit for like $1600. Maybe one day. Or tracks?! Just dreaming out loud.

Our wildcat X has a reverse override switch does this one have it too?

Bastardchild

Bastardchild

Nov 3, 2016
Orange Heights, fl
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Our wildcat X has a reverse override switch does this one have it too?
No, nothing obvious anyway. Just a rocker switch for the headlights, and a rocker switch for the front diff lock, with a funky little slide switch added to the diff lock switch that you slide for full lock. Never seen one like that.

A

Average_Joe

Aug 19, 2016
Gainesville, Fl
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
No, nothing obvious anyway. Just a rocker switch for the headlights, and a rocker switch for the front diff lock, with a funky little slide switch added to the diff lock switch that you slide for full lock. Never seen one like that.

The 4wd also has the slide to lock them in on the X, the center console behind he shifter is a lone rocker it's the reverse override on the X.

Out in the forest I ride in 4wd I don't seem to use anymore gas and places on the north trail where the sand gets thick helps from struggling.

Bastardchild

Bastardchild

Nov 3, 2016
Orange Heights, fl
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
The 4wd also has the slide to lock them in on the X, the center console behind he shifter is a lone rocker it's the reverse override on the X.

Out in the forest I ride in 4wd I don't seem to use anymore gas and places on the north trail where the sand gets thick helps from struggling.
Ok thanks! I feel like I woulda noticed an extra switch where you say it is, but I have overlooked stuff before so I will check it out when I can. Thanks man!🍻

Bastardchild

Bastardchild

Nov 3, 2016
Orange Heights, fl
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5

Holy crap Darrel! You the man!! Check it out! Lol

20210513 193301

A

Average_Joe

Aug 19, 2016
Gainesville, Fl
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Thanks man! @Average_Joe
Anytime brother I had a feeling they didn't put the override on just the big brother to the trail.

It's in front of the shifter, for some reason I thought it was behind it I haven't messed with my buggy in a few weeks. Behind my shifter is the battery.

Last edited:
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!