P500 New Trailer for P500

J

Jshell3

I was all over the web looking at exactly that last night. Don't really understand the point of a dovetail on the back of some of them, shorter ramp would be the only advantage I see? Wish this whole discussion had taken place before I bought my 10'er.
I got a 10' too... it's not going anywhere. We use it for everything except moving tractor or P1k5.

Plus, mowing or whatknot, I can move it by hand.
Much better gas mileage when it's hitched behind my truck. (vs the 16)

Reactions: trigger
AlR

AlR

Nov 14, 2016
Nanaimo, British Columbia
Ownership

1. 500
I was all over the web looking at exactly that last night. Don't really understand the point of a dovetail on the back of some of them, shorter ramp would be the only advantage I see? Wish this whole discussion had taken place before I bought my 10'er.

The dovetail will ease the angle of approach and accommodates the lower ground clearance of some vehicles.

Reactions: JTW
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I got a 10' too... it's not going anywhere. We use it for everything except moving tractor or P1k5.

Plus, mowing or whatknot, I can move it by hand.
Much better gas mileage when it's hitched behind my truck. (vs the 16)

Now there is a good point for keeping it right there! It does pull nice and light and I do move it around with a trailer dolly.
Small and simple, much like what's riding on it. ;)

Reactions: Jshell3
J

Jshell3

Now there is a good point for keeping it right there! It does pull nice and light and I do move it around with a trailer dolly.
Small and simple, much like what's riding on it. ;)
The clutch on my big trailer is acting up.

Reactions: trigger
100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I called Buckner trailers today and asked about switching my axel to one with brakes and he offered to switch them out for only $200! That's a 3500# axel with brakes and wiring. SWEET!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!