P500 New Trailer for P500

J

Jshell3

I was all over the web looking at exactly that last night. Don't really understand the point of a dovetail on the back of some of them, shorter ramp would be the only advantage I see? Wish this whole discussion had taken place before I bought my 10'er.
I got a 10' too... it's not going anywhere. We use it for everything except moving tractor or P1k5.

Plus, mowing or whatknot, I can move it by hand.
Much better gas mileage when it's hitched behind my truck. (vs the 16)

Reactions: trigger
AlR

AlR

Nov 14, 2016
Nanaimo, British Columbia
Ownership

1. 500
I was all over the web looking at exactly that last night. Don't really understand the point of a dovetail on the back of some of them, shorter ramp would be the only advantage I see? Wish this whole discussion had taken place before I bought my 10'er.

The dovetail will ease the angle of approach and accommodates the lower ground clearance of some vehicles.

Reactions: JTW
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I got a 10' too... it's not going anywhere. We use it for everything except moving tractor or P1k5.

Plus, mowing or whatknot, I can move it by hand.
Much better gas mileage when it's hitched behind my truck. (vs the 16)

Now there is a good point for keeping it right there! It does pull nice and light and I do move it around with a trailer dolly.
Small and simple, much like what's riding on it. ;)

Reactions: Jshell3
J

Jshell3

Now there is a good point for keeping it right there! It does pull nice and light and I do move it around with a trailer dolly.
Small and simple, much like what's riding on it. ;)
The clutch on my big trailer is acting up.

Reactions: trigger
100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I called Buckner trailers today and asked about switching my axel to one with brakes and he offered to switch them out for only $200! That's a 3500# axel with brakes and wiring. SWEET!