BOX1

new x4 have questions :-)

Z

Zona

Sep 21, 2020
Arizona
Ownership

1. Talon x4
So here is what I ended up going with. I got system 3 sb4 beadlocks. Went with 15" wheel and did 3 - 6+1 (one for spare) and 4+3 on the back. This will be wrapped in tusk terrabite 10x15x30. 30 is big enough tire for me. The only thing I hope for sure is that I can run the 6+1 on the rear as a spare in case that is where I get a flat. I almost bought all 6+1 and planned on using a spacer for the rear. Did I make the best choice? btw...I don't plan on going bigger than 30".

Z

Zona

Sep 21, 2020
Arizona
Ownership

1. Talon x4
PS...its all in the mail headed my way so haven't seen any of it in person as of yet. ;-)

Z

Zona

Sep 21, 2020
Arizona
Ownership

1. Talon x4
sorry for another PS lol. I also ordered the tusk tire holder. I would like the dirt road fabrication extender/mount but the lead time is long and I have a trip planned so I need to take a spare somehow. Might still get the dirt road fab unit later, dunno.

Reactions: CID
B

BeachBum

Oct 19, 2017
DFW Texas
Ownership

1. 500

2. 700-4
Let’s see some pics when you get it all in and installed. Here is a pic of my X4-
Hope to make a wheel and tire decision soon.
890AE7FC 01D8 416C B7A9 20F425F68BD5

Reactions: TripleB
CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
sorry for another PS lol. I also ordered the tusk tire holder. I would like the dirt road fabrication extender/mount but the lead time is long and I have a trip planned so I need to take a spare somehow. Might still get the dirt road fab unit later, dunno.
I was in the same boat as you, an upcoming trip and DRF didn't have their unit for the two seater yet so I bought a FactoryUTV spare carrier for my trip - trip fell through, DRF got the 2 seater done and now I have both. I haven't mounted the DRF carrier yet, so no pics.

Yes, you can run a 6+1 on the rear for a spare, no problem, that's my plan too. Since I have both carriers, I'll try two spares for my solo desert exploration - the Talon responds well to rearward weight so I'll give it a try. A potential problem for me is that the DRF carrier is REALLY heavy, two spares might be too much weight. TBD

I'll also be on 30s.

Rednick69

Rednick69

Sep 10, 2020
White Hall, AR.
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Rednick-
Great looking rig! Yes I’d love to hear how your experience is with your new 32’s. I just went to install my new bandit tenders and they sent me the wrong set. The fronts are way too wide or fat for the front shocks... of course can’t get ahold of anyone either. Hope they get back to me via email soon. Surely they will make it right.
look forward to hearing how those tires ride. Thanks
The tires rode well this weekend. I believe the tender springs helped with some of the rough riding but I believe the hard tires brought some of it back. The steering seemed different. It felt like I have to turn the wheel slightly further before the ride starts to turn but then will turn a little sharper than I wanted. I stopped really noticing this after the first day so it apparently is just some sort of change you get used to. Between the springs and the tires it makes it a little harder to get in the Talon. Low end performance didn't appear to be affected but it did appear to be more sluggish at top end. This could be because when I showed to be going 50 or so my friend on his Talon was going around 60. This was on highway between trails. I did observe some minor rubbing when turning left going down hill while on the brake. It rubs slightly on the plastic, I assume close to where your feet sit, maybe behind the gas pedal. I don't see where this will be a problem for me and my driving style. Overall I enjoyed the height and traction change.

I attached a picture of mine and my friend's Talons. His tires and springs will be in this week so I wanted to get a picture of both to show the difference.

IMG 4726

Rednick69

Rednick69

Sep 10, 2020
White Hall, AR.
Ownership

1. Other Brand
If you don't mind me asking, what does it measure across the outside in the front now?
I will measure this tonight when I get home from work and reply to you. FYI I didn't mention it but I do have the 1.5" spacers in the rear.

P

PT1911

Oct 20, 2020
SE MN
Ownership

1. Talon x4
H
I’m sorry man. I went out to measure from outside to outside and couldn’t keep the tape on it and my wife got home too late.

I will try to get her to hold it for me this evening. The tape that is.
Haha....no worries!

P

PT1911

Oct 20, 2020
SE MN
Ownership

1. Talon x4
Yes. I wasn’t able to measure the rear where I have it parked.
That doesn’t seem right. My stock tires up front measure 63.5”. I figured your 32”s would be a little wider?

PaulF

PaulF

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Lifetime Member
Jul 1, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
That doesn’t seem right. My stock tires up front measure 63.5”. I figured your 32”s would be a little wider?
He has bandit tenders and they raise the ride height a couple inches which changes the suspension geometry (sucks the tires in) and therefore his width will be narrower. If he lowers it back down to stock suspension geometry, it will measure about 1" wider than stock with those 10" tires on stock front rims in the front and about 2" wider in the rear with 10" tires on stock rear rims and 2" spacers.

Rednick69

Rednick69

Sep 10, 2020
White Hall, AR.
Ownership

1. Other Brand
He has bandit tenders and they raise the ride height a couple inches which changes the suspension geometry (sucks the tires in) and therefore his width will be narrower. If he lowers it back down to stock suspension geometry, it will measure about 1" wider than stock with those 10" tires on stock front rims in the front and about 2" wider in the rear with 10" tires on stock rear rims and 2" spacers.

Thanks for explaining. I had no clue why I was getting that measurement.

P

PT1911

Oct 20, 2020
SE MN
Ownership

1. Talon x4
Ahhhh, that explains it! Thanks for the reply!

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!