Newbie here, Pioneer 520 on the way!

HPnMORE4J

HPnMORE4J

Mar 8, 2021
NW Oregon
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Hello all!

Newbie to the forum, no newbie to SXS's and other forums.

Owned many Honda ATV's, motorcycles, cars etc. Very reliable and they rarely ever let me down over all the other manufactures.

Heavy into motor/motosports all my life. Raced cars, MX, full MX track in past, and now a off road track on property. Run and rally the dunes and our roads in modified a Can Am X3 RS Turbo R.

Time to move off the ATV's and move into UTV's for utility purposes on the 30 acres in NW Oregon. The first one we needed is a very reliable, lower price tag, small footprint/radius with a bed and why we ended up going for the Honda 520 over all the other manufactures. After making many calls with dealers in the surrounding area, they were all saying maybe June or later before we would get one which was very disappointing, so we came very close to going a different route.

Well, we received a call that one was coming in late April so we jumped on it and put a deposit down! My other half would have preferred red, but being beggar's, green will do!

Will start off with a winch, (trying to decide if it's worth $280 labor for them to install? :confused:).
Will be adding a roof, lightbar, interior lights, reverse lights, mirrors at first and will be searching the forum for experiences.

Looking forward on participating in the group, however since they are so reliable 🤞 I probably won't be on here as often than with my "other" machines and forums.😉

(Wonder if the will be a section created for the 520?)

Last edited:
lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500

It looks like the P500 and P520 are so closely related it makes sense to keep them together on the forum.
Questions like 'how big a tire can I run with out a lift' have the same answer for both.
(answer = 'go away troll")
But, I have suggested we rename the section to 'P5' to cover both.
And we need to lobby @Hondasxs to apply our flag in the heading.

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Which newbie you be? I like riding in Oregon especially at Tillamook. Welcome from someone whom appreciates all of your costal state parks. Very interested in Oregon Bigfoot sightings too!

HPnMORE4J

HPnMORE4J

Mar 8, 2021
NW Oregon
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Welcome from Central N.Y

RED was 1st. -- The rest are still following & -- ( Honda hopes they sell )
Well, I'll bring out the Red/Black 200hp Turbo X3 for the win.... Still waiting for the RED 😜 (I know, sorry, pretty bold statement for a a newbie)

The Green Pioneer will go deeper, run tight circles, and put to use with tools, chainsaw and straw for the "get'er done" stuff on the property! It just needs to keep up with the Kubota tractor......;)

I guess they are gone as as soon as the dealers are getting notice they are on the way?

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Hello all!

Newbie to the forum, no newbie to SXS's and other forums.

Owned many Honda ATV's, motorcycles, cars etc. Very reliable and they rarely ever let me down over all the other manufactures.

Heavy into motor/motosports all my life. Raced cars, MX, full MX track in past, and now a off road track on property. Run and rally the dunes and our roads in modified a Can Am X3 RS Turbo R.

Time to move off the ATV's and move into UTV's for utility purposes on the 30 acres in NW Oregon. The first one we needed is a very reliable, lower price tag, small footprint/radius with a bed and why we ended up going for the Honda 520 over all the other manufactures. After making many calls with dealers in the surrounding area, they were all saying maybe June or later before we would get one which was very disappointing, so we came very close to going a different route.

Well, we received a call that one was coming in late April so we jumped on it! My other half would have preferred red, but being beggar's, green will do!

Will start off with a winch, (trying to decide if it's worth $280 labor for them to install? :confused:).
Will be adding a roof, lightbar, interior lights, reverse lights, mirrors at first and will be searching the forum for experiences.

Looking forward on participating in the group, however since they are so reliable 🤞 I probably won't be on here as often than with my "other" machines and forums.😉

WELCOME!

advertisement
P

pappyo

Dec 19, 2013
No pictures
My 1st. : Honda Red CT90 ( Combination Road & Trail ) remove 3 bolts move larger sprocket in position & put 3 bolts back & add a few Chain Links
Hit the trail.
Not fast just Dependable & Fun. Did a lot of trout fishing in the Adirondacks with that Honda.

Last edited:
HPnMORE4J

HPnMORE4J

Mar 8, 2021
NW Oregon
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
No pictures
My 1st. : Honda Red CT90 ( Combination Road & Trail ) remove 3 bolts move larger sprocket in position & put 3 bolts back & add a few Chain Links
Hit the trail.
Not fast just Dependable & Fun. Did a lot of trout finhing in the Adirondacks with that Honda.
Those dominated the "trail bike" industry for years and were a very reliable workhorse. Plus, like you said, they were street legal too!

Honda CT90

P

pappyo

Dec 19, 2013
Thanks for picture.
Picture brought back some ( all good ) memories P500 takes me to favorite spots now. ( catching 3rd.-4th. generation fish since then ) same with Deer used to hunt there GREAT Grand Daddy.

Last edited:
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!