Newbie Here

D

Dzanca77

May 12, 2020
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 500
Hi everyone, I joined the forum looking to learn from others experiences and ask questions to help trouble shoot my starter issues. Searched the net but no luck finding similar problems so here I am. Thanks in advance for any help!

D

Dzanca77

May 12, 2020
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 500
Welcome from the Motor City! 🤟

we need pics or it didn’t happen!
also need to know what u got and your issues in order to help you there!
Thanks! Didn't expect to see replys until morning. Will upload pics first thing in morning along with my current issues and more about me.

Isaiah

Isaiah

Dec 30, 2019
Altamont TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hi everyone, I joined the forum looking to learn from others experiences and ask questions to help trouble shoot my starter issues. Searched the net but no luck finding similar problems so here I am. Thanks in advance for any help!

Welcome to the club from Tennessee;)

D

Dzanca77

May 12, 2020
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 500
Welcome from the Motor City! 🤟

we need pics or it didn’t happen!
also need to know what u got and your issues in order to help you there!
So I bought my first to me 2015 pioneer 500. Im From New Orleans and have been on street bikes for a good while but decided to get out in the mud...Drove around no problems for a week.
Went for a ride last week and rolled her on her side.. wouldn't start or respond to shifter so I used tool to get in neutral and rolled her on level ground thinking there may be a tip sensor. Started back up and rode for a few more hours. Got home and while running pressure washed clean. At some point I noticed the started was stuck engaged. So I turned off key but it kept going. I ended up disconnecting the battery to stop it. Next day connected battery and get lights but wont start. Installed a new starter relay but just clicks. Removed started and hooked to battery and it spun but spun slowly. Checked to see if I'm getting power to the starter and it isnt. I thought it might be the four blue relays on top of the fuse box(yes I checked them all) and broke one pulling it out so I ordered 4 more hopefully here by Monday. Dash flashes the neutral light in a flash -pause flash-pause flash flash flash, repeat (do these things flash codes like that?) Anyway not sure why I'm not getting power to starter. (Checked power to starter before I removed the blue relays)
Any advice on tracing this down would be helpful. I may have missed some details but that's the just of it. Please help? Lol

20200513 104335 20200513 104424

Reactions: Mudwing
D

Dzanca77

May 12, 2020
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 500

20200513 104335 20200513 104424 20200513 104359 20200513 104511 20200513 104531

Reactions: Mudwing

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!