P500 Newby here. Need rack ideas.

RobbieS

RobbieS

Nov 26, 2016
Pagosa Springs, Colorado
Ownership

1. 500
I'm looking to buy a Pioneer 500 very soon. My problem is that I haven't figured out how to transport it. I live in a RV diesel pusher, full time. I tow a GMC Sierra 1/2 ton pickup truck behind the motorhome, that pickup bed is used for storage for other toys, can't have the SxS in the bed, so, I'm thinking I need a rack that goes over the bed. I am very confused about what to buy and where to look. I need all the suggestions I can get. Thank you in advance.

G

gsiebrecht

Aug 22, 2016
Iowa
Ownership

1. 700-4
what you are looking for is called a sled deck. 1/2 ton pickups are generally too small for them though. They really squat the back end of the pickup.

Reactions: RobbieS
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I'm looking to buy a Pioneer 500 very soon. My problem is that I haven't figured out how to transport it. I live in a RV diesel pusher, full time. I tow a GMC Sierra 1/2 ton pickup truck behind the motorhome, that pickup bed is used for storage for other toys, can't have the SxS in the bed, so, I'm thinking I need a rack that goes over the bed. I am very confused about what to buy and where to look. I need all the suggestions I can get. Thank you in advance.
Welcome here Robbie. That subject has been discussed here and there is a product made to do what you want. If you can use the search function you should be able to find it here.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!